PDA

View Full Version : going to NY for a couple days

TC17
12-14-2002, 06:13 PM
i'm hitting NY tom. train leaves at 10:30 we get there at 7:30. we're going to get pics of ground zero, the Empire State building. i'm going to go ice skating at the Rockefeler center. i can't wait to go. bad news...public transportation might go on strike in the morning which means we walk or take a taxi which is like 20 or 30 bucks a ride. last year my dad got crushed by a huge fat lady:blah. he fell and she fell on him. i think it was the fat women JaberJaw posts. can't wait. i'll post pics Friday.

ny300exrider
12-14-2002, 06:16 PM
cool lol

12-14-2002, 07:27 PM
where is the empire state building? is that in albany?

tants
12-14-2002, 07:27 PM
yet im only 50mins from nyc im scared to visit ground zero...
my best friends uncle died... it would just bring back bad memories for me... :(

Sparks425Ex
12-14-2002, 07:30 PM
Have Fun. I too a trip down a little while ago to ground Zero. It wasn;t a very far trip for me tho. Have fun and watch out for the FAT LADIES.

tants
12-14-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
where is the empire state building? is that in albany?

i recon its in new york city.... hahaha u hick, have you ever been out of your little kickass town. lmao!

TC17
12-14-2002, 07:39 PM
i'm getting back wed night so i might get pics on wed night. if not, they will surely be on thursday. btw, it might take 50 minutes to get to the Empire State building with all the traffic, but it's in NY city. :D

rookiex
12-14-2002, 07:44 PM
I lived in queens before I moved here in june....I miss my home....:( .....I wish I could go back just for a day see all my friends and stuff...

12-14-2002, 07:47 PM
haha i dont even live in a town....i live in the woods boy, although we do travel out to dang ol albany bout 1 time a week :eek:

12-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Im out in the boonies by bill, Glen

rookiex
12-14-2002, 08:23 PM
glens falls or wadkins glen??.......I spent my summers in clifton park just a bit out side of albany....thats my old town....

12-14-2002, 08:26 PM
no we live in the woods

12-14-2002, 08:26 PM
clifton park is not that far from me....u ever race up here?

12-15-2002, 07:41 AM
Glen and thats it, just Glen, Or Fultonville

Giz400ex
12-15-2002, 10:08 AM
I think freeride was thinking of the Plaza in Albany!! Rookiex, where abouts did you live in Clifton Park???? Lathers, I know Fultonville pretty good... Can't forget those Sat. night at Fonda Speedway!!

sportraxrider10
12-15-2002, 10:29 AM
this year we got a forenge(sp?) exchange student from spain and he just came back from new york. he was skating in central park and fell, broke his ankle, it was funny with his axcent(sp?) when he was telling us about it and telling us how he fell.

TC17
12-18-2002, 08:42 PM
i'll tell the story tom. it was AWESOME! love it. i hate this small gay town. i'm tired and going to bed. have school and homework to make up. pictures are going to be friday maybe. i didn't bring the digital.

TC17
12-20-2002, 07:33 PM
sorry i didn't post yesterday, i had a ton a make-up mork to do. i'm still not done but who cares. the trip was great.here's what we did...

watched a guy take his jeans off in 20 degrees and peed on a rock in Central Park. saw pictures of the ice skating rink there. i walked through a tunnel with my mom called "Playmates Arch":grr. Central Park was beautiful but very very cold.

went to the Empire State Building. got pics from the 86th floor. it was like 0 degrees and extremely windy at the top. people wrote their friends names on the barrier. i got 3 of those machine pressed pennies where you stick a quarter and a penny in and it indents a symbol and words.

went to the Rockefeler Cafe. i had a $30 Filet Mignon. it was so juicy and good! total there was like 160. lol. my mom was dazed. the waiter took our picture. we were right beside the window so we watched people skate. there were hundreds of people waiting in a 3 hour line to skate. the Zambony guy didn't know how to do it so they had to wait to skate for a while. we watched some kid come flying and try to do that roost ice thing. yeah, well he got grip and flew into the rails. it was so funny! it was funny watching people fall.

i went to see a x-mas play with the Rockettes. it was good. they are pretty:devil. we had the back row seats cause my parents didn't want to pay 100 bucks a ticket for the front:eek:.

we stayed at the Hilton. all the Bathrooms were marble and so was the loby. it was really nice there. i would say for 300 $'s a night. the bathroom door didn't lock, we had fun with that:p.

the train was nice. the b-room doors didn't shut or lock to well. lol. some Chinese teen walked in on this old black lady.:blah. we heard a scream and saw the kid running with fear in his face:blah. that was funny. someone tried to come in while i was doing my business but i locked the door:).

there was a HUGE faris wheel in Toys R Us and my brother went in so i got to ride on it. FAO Schwartz and it really sucked! there was a 1/3 scale DS 650 for 200 bucks. there was a 1/6 scale made up one for 50 and i got it. remote controlled on 6 AA and a 9V battery/batteries.

there was a Santa giving a masache (sp?) to someone. that was funny. a guy playing drums with celery sticks and tin cans. his tip jar was really big though. we saw a cop come ripping down the street screached the breaks and stopped in fron of a subway. they jumped out of there car and ran down the Subway with there guns in front of them. about 20 black kids went running behind them.:rolleyes:. there were sewers with steaming p00p coming out from the ground :confused:.

there were taxies with push bumpers to push people around. :blah. that was funny. i never thought you could "legally" floor it. we had a guy named something Muhammed, couldn't speak nor drive. that was nuts. got from point A to point B in about 2 seconds.

Time Square was cool. there were tons of BIG screen tv's on builind and stuff. we rode on a double decker bus on top with a crazy driver. that was really cool.

we went on the NY Skyride on the 2nd floor of the Empire State Building. it was cool. it jolted you around and stuff. it was neat.

TC17
12-20-2002, 07:33 PM
GOD BLESS YOU IF YOU READ ALL THAT!

i'll have pics and stuff this weekend.

DaveEX7
12-20-2002, 07:35 PM
thanks, but i didnt sneeze lol j/k

honda400exrider
12-20-2002, 07:40 PM
yeah ive been there 3 times... i am fortunate to have had no1 dear to me injured there... although my brother saw it and got pictures... i can only try to imagine how sad i would be if i lost some one in that accident...

SGA
12-20-2002, 08:13 PM
Good story! I went to manhattan (downtown newyork) about 3 years ago about this time. saw the empire state building, the twin towers, Times square, macys, etc. Your not lying, that has to be one of the busiest places on earth, taxis, taxis,and more taxis all honking thier horns, rushing, thousands of people coming and going. Man, its a blast to visit, but there is no way I would live there!
Rode the train from Penn station to Boston, then over a few days, made the social loop in a car to Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Nice country up there.

TC17
12-20-2002, 08:42 PM
yep. we were in manhattan. it was fun. i want to live either in the middle of nowhere and tons of riding space or D.C. and go to distant tracks. i love D.C. i also went to ground zero. it was pretty much cleaned up except the 8 storry hole and the side of a 8 story parking gargage showing. we got picture of the steel cross then found. there was a man running around screaming that the Transite workers were going to strike any minute and go while you can before the riot starts. he was extremist but the Transit were on strike the first day we got there and it scared us. we had to walk. there are "no honking" signs. as soon as i read one someone honked and another. it was like people couldn't even see the lines on the roads for the lanes. they just made half roads.:rolleyes:

Giz400ex
12-22-2002, 07:33 AM
Rockefellar center is always interesting when the sun goes down!!! Went there a couple of years ago and we were hangin out by the rink and this guy is walking around with a skeleton mask on, and he was trying to flirt with these young girls. Couple minutes later the cops showed up and pulled off the mask and it was a guy (45-50) and you could tell that this guy was all screwed up (homeless too). It was fine during day but when that sun goes down..........the freaks of all freakazoids come out!!! Watch out!!

upstate rider
12-22-2002, 02:34 PM
Sounds like you had fun , nice place to visit but no place to live .... no place to ride. If you liked the Empire state building you would of liked the Trade center buildings that is when they were there you were so high it was hard to beleive a building could be so high up. After seeing the skating rink could you beleive it was so small they make it look big on tv.