PDA

View Full Version : Indestructable digital camera?

SPDSNYPR
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
OK - who makes the best, most indestructable camera out there? Some compact digital all-in-one setup (no SLR with external flash or anything). Preferably that would take common disposable batteries as opposed to their own batteries which use proprietary chargers? I don't want to have to worry about it getting banged around a little or getting rained on. I don't need the highest megapixel rating in the world. Would like it to have a built-in mic and digital video capability. No need for raw pic cababilbity either - compressed is fine.

So - who has recs for me?

Pappy
11-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Check out the Canon G9

Warnerade
11-25-2008, 03:15 PM
any camera that you can get insurance on

ZWILLETT47
11-25-2008, 07:35 PM
If you want the best and you can afford it!

Okley Red One is the lamborghin of video cameras!

David

Phugg
11-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Take Pappy's advice!! I have one and like it a lot. The wife can use it too (major bonus) It has just enough functionality to make it fun. Its NOT an SLR and not too quick on the action photos , but a great starter camera for someone.

The battery in mine is great , will go forever, BUT it is a propeitary type. Thats about the only real drawback I have noticed with it.

SPDSNYPR
11-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Check out the Canon G9

That looks great, but is a bit more than I had planned on spending (trying to stay around $300).