PDA

View Full Version : Laeger 250R flip top sub-frame

jbltz450
11-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Looking for a Laeger 250R flip to sub-frame that will fit a Laeger CR500 link 250r chassis.

redred55
11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I hope I find one first!!!! I want one also!

250Renvy
11-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Good luck!

If you aren't super particular about it being Laeger but rather just a chromoly flip top. Mike used to build them all the time

HREatv.com, probably cheaper than buying used and you get new. If he doesn't still have the jigs, I'm sure you could send him your subframe or I could send him one and he could copy it and make the flip top.

PUREBREED450R
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
HEY GUYS, I ALWAYS LOOK THROUGH THE STUFF FOR SALE, WHO DOSENT...I HAD A QUESTION IF ANYONE CARES TO GET BACK TO ME....

DOES A FLIP TOP MEAN THE SEAT AND PLASTICS GO FROM THE BACK?DO THEY FLIP UP PIVOTING WHERE THE SEAT LATCH USUALLY IS? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS...IT LOOKS TRICK BUT NOT SURE OF THE LOGIC BEHIND IT.? CAN THIS BE DONE WITH 400EX'S? THANK YOU FOR ANYONE'S INPUT

SINCERELY

SHAWN B

250Renvy
11-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by PUREBREED450R
HEY GUYS, I ALWAYS LOOK THROUGH THE STUFF FOR SALE, WHO DOSENT...I HAD A QUESTION IF ANYONE CARES TO GET BACK TO ME....

DOES A FLIP TOP MEAN THE SEAT AND PLASTICS GO FROM THE BACK?DO THEY FLIP UP PIVOTING WHERE THE SEAT LATCH USUALLY IS? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS...IT LOOKS TRICK BUT NOT SURE OF THE LOGIC BEHIND IT.? CAN THIS BE DONE WITH 400EX'S? THANK YOU FOR ANYONE'S INPUT

SINCERELY

SHAWN B

They flip from the seat front backwards kinda like a corvette hood in relation to a regular cars hood - if that makes sense.

Not sure the reason - I suspect it has to do with changing stuff without taking off the plastic.

It can be done with 400ex's. HRE has them listed as well as conversions for stock subframes.

Walsh and Laeger used to make them. Since Walsh still makes subframes you might get one from them but their 450 subframes are $675ish.

If you want to see pictures look through the 250R forum in the show off your 250R, I'm sure I've seen some in there.

PUREBREED450R
11-24-2008, 02:22 PM
THANX ALOT PAL.

I COMPLETLY GET IT IN RELATION TO THE CORVETTE HOOD GOOD WAY TO PUT IT, AND FOR CHANGING THINGS OUT IS WHAT I FIGURED. THANX ALOT FOR ALL OF THE INFO. GREATLY APPRECIATED!

SHAWN B