PDA

View Full Version : flordia

elementryder
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
ok guys im goin to flordia on christmas vacation and need to know what are some of the best tracks to hit up? and a good central place to stay, i heard that waldo lets you camp out, do all the tracks let you sleep over night? and ill be going to the ssqsa race on the 4th at amp Xtreme!

any help would be appriciated, and im assuming the tracks are open during the week?

klutch
11-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Uhm well im further down south soo uhm theres a track down in big cypress. Its known as Seminole MX yes they do let you camp out. That has to be one of the best tracks in the state atleast i've heard from a friend of mine that has raced plenty different tracks. I like Seminole alot.

hypersnyper6947
11-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Croom has great camping facilities its all awesome trails. I also thing there is a track very close to it as well. Its in brooksville FL

gcart2
11-23-2008, 09:23 PM
ill see you there, illl be on the orange general lee 450r running b class.

as far as good tracks just go to www.ssqsa.com and there will be plenty of tracks

including:

*amp extreme

*reddick (motocross of marion county)

Dade city motocross

Bartow motocross

*Sunshine mx (in tampa, awesome mx track)

Hard Rock

*Crooms, (awesome place, HUGE natural mx track, big sand pits, trail system, etc.)

the last one is not a mx track but more a riding park. plenty of fun. like $50 a bike for a year.

the * is for awesome tracks, the ones that dont have it are generally fun practice tracks. and the owner of dade city is a dick. make sure you bring a spark arrester with you or a serious turn STRAIGHT down.

O and its Florida :rolleyes:

born2ride14
11-24-2008, 05:20 AM
pax trax is a great track so is
thunders-cross in okeechobee awesome track! very nice facility and a great track
dirt farm in south georgia is also a good track
well thats all i can think of at the moment:(

JAG Motosports
11-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Hardrock in Ocala is open all week and has camping with hook-ups. It has 3 differant tracks and is where a few pro's practice in the winter months.

11-24-2008, 07:39 AM
yesterday i saw that croom's camping was full. most likely it will be like that through the week

Nick110
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I went to Florida last winter with my buddies to ride. We stayed at Waldo which was a nice place to stay but the truck sucks balls. Hardrock also sucks balls. Pax's is fun if you like tables. The track to hit up is deff Bostwick. It is the sickest track I have ever been too, oh and Palm Trees line it.. I also heard County Line was good same with Amp. Although I cant speak for them because I have only rode Waldo, Pax, Hardrock, and Bostwick. Plus if you stay at Waldo you can venture into Gainsville to party it up and there is a walmart near the track that is over flowing with milfs and hot daughters.

elementryder
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
ill see you there, illl be on the orange general lee 450r running b class.

as far as good tracks just go to www.ssqsa.com and there will be plenty of tracks

including:

*amp extreme

*reddick (motocross of marion county)

Dade city motocross

Bartow motocross

*Sunshine mx (in tampa, awesome mx track)

Hard Rock

*Crooms, (awesome place, HUGE natural mx track, big sand pits, trail system, etc.)

the last one is not a mx track but more a riding park. plenty of fun. like $50 a bike for a year.

the * is for awesome tracks, the ones that dont have it are generally fun practice tracks. and the owner of dade city is a dick. make sure you bring a spark arrester with you or a serious turn STRAIGHT down.

O and its Florida :rolleyes:

wait, so i wont beable to use my dasa at any of the tracks?

and thanks for the info man, ill be racing B-class on the red and black burgard 450! will i be able to practice at amp a coupple days before?

elementryder
11-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
I went to Florida last winter with my buddies to ride. We stayed at Waldo which was a nice place to stay but the truck sucks balls. Hardrock also sucks balls. Pax's is fun if you like tables. The track to hit up is deff Bostwick. It is the sickest track I have ever been too, oh and Palm Trees line it.. I also heard County Line was good same with Amp. Although I cant speak for them because I have only rode Waldo, Pax, Hardrock, and Bostwick. Plus if you stay at Waldo you can venture into Gainsville to party it up and there is a walmart near the track that is over flowing with milfs and hot daughters.

gonna need some specific directions to this walmart you speek of

gcart2
11-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
wait, so i wont beable to use my dasa at any of the tracks?

and thanks for the info man, ill be racing B-class on the red and black burgard 450! will i be able to practice at amp a coupple days before?

just dade city.

generally the weekend before and Saturday they will have open practice.

powermadd400ex
11-24-2008, 03:42 PM
and there is a walmart near the track that is over flowing with milfs and hot daughters.

:blah:

hypersnyper6947
11-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I have decided my next trip will be to hardrock in ocala.

klutch
11-24-2008, 04:08 PM

Countyline is down in my area... and that track SUCKS. The jumps are all off camber and made for dirtbikes so they mostly send you into the air sideways. Its dusty as hell... theres more rocks then dirt... Countyline just stinks. Also its name was changed to "Miami MX Park."

Seminole MX is one of the better tracks in Florida just no one really knows about it lol.

Ripitupfilms
11-24-2008, 04:38 PM
hardrock is only know due to Huevos track its. hard park with ROCKS .

hardrock= flat tires

pax = all table but fun

Biltho= small track kinda fun . smaller than ATco

Waldo= where everyone stays . not very exciting track just good practice

Flying high= Super sick. but closed

amp extreme= sick track

Nick110
11-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
gonna need some specific directions to this walmart you speek of

take a left out of Waldo and its about if I remember correctly 15-20 min down the road on your left.

hypersnyper6947
11-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Well now that i see you guys think hardrock sucks maybe i will go to Bostwick. Where do you guys think i should go, my friends and i all have never ridden a track but we want to. Where should we go? I want to hit some decent jumps but obviously since i have not been to a track before i wont be hitting any doubles or triples or anything.

gcart2
11-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
hardrock is only know due to Huevos track its. hard park with ROCKS .

hardrock= flat tires

pax = all table but fun

Biltho= small track kinda fun . smaller than ATco

Waldo= where everyone stays . not very exciting track just good practice

Flying high= Super sick. but closed

amp extreme= sick track

flying high was one of my favorite tracks. it was as close to supercross as it gets. its funny cause like two mins away from flying high is dade city mx

Ripitupfilms
11-25-2008, 12:39 AM
it was a mix between sx and mx

elementryder
11-26-2008, 07:52 PM
how large is sunshine mx? i was on there website and looks kinda small, and they run at night?

elementryder
11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
oh and whats up with crooms? do they have a nice mx track??

and do alotta these tracks have pitbike tracks?

CAN someone get me the phone number and adress for reddick, for some reason my computer wont let me on their sight

JAG Motosports
11-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Sunshine Mx is a big track...about a mile - mile and a 1/4. Very fun track. Sunshine also has an indoor pit bike track that's fun too. Practice is on Thursday from 6 to 10 at night, Sunday 10 am to 3 pm. Race night is Saturday. Races start at 7 pm and practice is 5 pm to 7pm.

JAG Motosports
11-26-2008, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by elementryder
[B]oh and whats up with crooms? do they have a nice mx track??

Croom sucks if your looking for a track. Croom is pretty much trail riding. They do have a sand pit area but everybody and their dog go there so good luck actually getting riding time (without colliding with other riders). Plus if you're on a race quad the sand is bad news for your equipment - IMO.

JAG Motosports
11-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Mx of Marion County in Reddick phone # 352-591-2377 or 352-591-1822

Awesome track by the way!

born2ride14
11-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Tyler, do you still have your 300ex? I showed it to my buddy and he is in love with it. We will be at amp on the 4th. By buddy rides a blaster with a 250f motor and i ride a 300ex. see you there!

JAG Motosports
11-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Look, here's my opinion coming from a family that rides quads (some are serious mx racers and some just ride) so take it or leave it.

Amp Extreme: Great MX track. (the old one was even better but that's closed now) They also have camping, trail riding & a drag racing track.

Waldo MX: I don't know what the guy was talking about before but this is one of our favorite tracks!

Bithlo MX: It's a pretty fun track but geared more towards dirtbikes.

MX of Marion County: Awesome track

Hardrock: This place is fun! There are atleast 4 different mx tracks with different skill levels. Camping. And yes you might want to bring some extra tires!!!! TT track right next to it also.

Dade City MX: Fairly easy fun mx track. Strict rules. But if you are an mx racer this is the place to be. Saturday night racing is packed. Everybody goes here.

Sunshine MX: Fun! One of our favorites. Get your skills on!

Bartow MX: Fun!

Thundercross MX in Okeechobee: Great new track. Huge, Fast! For a beginner who wants less jumps this would probably be your best bet. Just opened a few weeks ago.

L-Cross Xtreme in Okeechobee: OK! camping.

Seminole: never been there but have heard nothing but good.

Flying High MX: awesome but closed

Brooksville MX: closed

Quicktrack in Lakeland: closed

Trail riding with no MX tracks:

Croom: it's ok. watch out for other riders! (the wife was t- boned by a dirt bike and broke her leg) S**t like that happens all the time there! Oh, and you will get lost.

Ocala National Forest: Haven't been there for over a year but it's fun for trail riding. You will probably get lost here too.

elementryder
11-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 300maniac
Tyler, do you still have your 300ex? I showed it to my buddy and he is in love with it. We will be at amp on the 4th. By buddy rides a blaster with a 250f motor and i ride a 300ex. see you there!

im glad he liked them, i acctually sold both of them to be able to replace them with 2 450r's!! if you see me say hi man, ill be riding a red and black burgard 450r

i would like to thank everyone for there help, im so pumped to go down for my first time

gcart2
11-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by JAG Motosports
Look, here's my opinion coming from a family that rides quads (some are serious mx racers and some just ride) so take it or leave it.

Amp Extreme: Great MX track. (the old one was even better but that's closed now) They also have camping, trail riding & a drag racing track. spot on

Waldo MX: I don't know what the guy was talking about before but this is one of our favorite tracks!i dissagree the track sucks, flat, no good jumps

Bithlo MX: It's a pretty fun track but geared more towards dirtbikes.sucks, similiar to waldo

MX of Marion County: Awesome trackspot on

Hardrock: This place is fun! There are atleast 4 different mx tracks with different skill levels. Camping. And yes you might want to bring some extra tires!!!! TT track right next to it also.spot on

Dade City MX: Fairly easy fun mx track. Strict rules. But if you are an mx racer this is the place to be. Saturday night racing is packed. Everybody goes here.agreed, the owners a dick, brikg spark arrestor

Sunshine MX: Fun! One of our favorites. Get your skills on!spot on

Bartow MX: Fun!very fun. wouldnt frive more than 45min's for it. good practice track. send me a pm when you go here.

Thundercross MX in Okeechobee: Great new track. Huge, Fast! For a beginner who wants less jumps this would probably be your best bet. Just opened a few weeks ago.

L-Cross Xtreme in Okeechobee: OK! shut down. POS track. all rocks. not maintained. cattle on the track

Seminole: never been there but have heard nothing but good.

Flying High MX: awesome but closed

Brooksville MX: closed

Quicktrack in Lakeland: closed

Trail riding with no MX tracks:

Croom: it's ok. watch out for other riders! (the wife was t- boned by a dirt bike and broke her leg) S**t like that happens all the time there! Oh, and you will get lost.true, if you keep your eyes open and stay out of the trails you will love this place.

Ocala National Forest: Haven't been there for over a year but it's fun for trail riding. You will probably get lost here too. [/B]

the bold is my opinion on what he said[

Ripitupfilms
11-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
the bold is my opinion on what he said[

i agree with you . waldo is one of theee most overated/talked about Fl tracks. everyone goes there because it has hooks ups showers water an internet. and its a good track to beat u up.

This is my opinion and the opinions of about 10 kids that ride amatuer nats on bikes.

HondaATC500X
11-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by JAG Motosports

Amp Extreme: Great MX track. (the old one was even better but that's closed now) They also have camping, trail riding & a drag racing track.

Old one might be re-opening under a new name... www.gmimx.net I've been riding on it quite a bit lately (cause I'm the owner :D) I sure hope Its able to get opened back up again.

jjames/jlawson
11-29-2008, 05:40 PM
This is a excellent practice track and race track. These people are very accomodating. Very great track to practice at and get some good riding time in.
We will be at the meeting in December with our YES stickers on....
Jackie and Jeremy Lawson

P.S. This track originally was called The Amp track....just so you know where it is located at, in Northern Florida.

HondaATC500X
11-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Jackie, it was great to meet you (Even if it was really brief) and see Jeremy again on the 20th. I really appreciate you guys' support with trying to help us get opened back up, it means a lot to me. If Jeremy wants to come out and get some practice in before the hearing next month or whatever, just give me a call, I'm pretty sure he has my # but if not just send me a PM. Track is all groomed up and ready to go. Its great motivation to see some riding out on it again.

Billy Golightly

JAG Motosports
01-25-2009, 08:31 AM
So how was your trip to Florida? Where did you go and what did you think of the tracks?