PDA

View Full Version : Need Handlebar help please

288sunny
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
I spent my first day at the track today, lots of fun, but got my butt handed to me, quad needs some more juice, but really needs a different set of handlebars. I have no clue where to start, I know i have a few things to figure out? Which bars are the best, and what bars can i use without changing the whole stem?
I would like to relocate the lights and key switch, does anyone make a bracket these will fit into, or any ideas where i could move them to. I thought about moving lights to just above the headlights, in the very upper part of the plastic? No idea where to go with the key switch though? any help would be apprecaited.

Also as for the handlebars, i know i dont want them super high or real low, dont want them hitting the gas tank. do i go with some tag bars, renthal, Pro taper??

jonboy
11-23-2008, 07:54 PM
I am real fond of TAG and they have a replacement dash and fatbar mounts to do the whole setup.

288sunny
11-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I cant seem to find tags website to see what they have to offer, anywhere else i could try?

quad97
11-24-2008, 12:08 AM
you have the right idea getting rid of the indicator lights when upgrading handlebars. the plastic dash will eat into the aluminum and will let the bars snap off next to the clamp. I ran a set of Tag stock bend bars for a couple years. they were pretty strong and were only 60.00 for the 7/8 bars. I'll post a pic of what I did with my lights and key in a couple days when I get to the quad over thanksgiving.

288sunny
11-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Would greatly apprecaite some help, I've been looking at the trailtech handlebar mount, its polished, has the spots for the lights and key switch, plus allows for the 1 1/8 bars which im guessing would be a plus.. Not sure if this is the way to go or just move the lights and key switch. But i figured by adding the trail tech it would raise the bars up alittle so i could use the tag, or pro taper style bars and they wouldnt be down so low?

COVEJEEPSXJ
11-24-2008, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by 288sunny
Would greatly apprecaite some help, I've been looking at the trailtech handlebar mount, its polished, has the spots for the lights and key switch, plus allows for the 1 1/8 bars which im guessing would be a plus.. Not sure if this is the way to go or just move the lights and key switch. But i figured by adding the trail tech it would raise the bars up alittle so i could use the tag, or pro taper style bars and they wouldnt be down so low?

I have the Trail Tech Mount on my '03 Z along with Trail Tech's 1 1/8" bars and there endurance computer. Very quaility parts. Highly Recommended.

288sunny
11-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Well i ordered the trailtech bar mount and now i need some handlebars, which is the tuff part, no clue which brand to go with but i do know they have to 1 1/8 for the clamps. From there i just dont know, theres different bends, sweeps, low, mid, high, u name it. really not sure. not sure where to even begin?

slinkydog
11-24-2008, 09:43 PM
i find that rocky mountain atv is a good source for everything but suspension. a very good selection of handle bars :huh
and also.....the honda bend is my choice

quad97
11-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Currently I have a set of renthal twinwalls on my DVX. the bend is RC high, NOT to be confused with CR high. they are slightly taller than the CR high bend and are just a hair taller than stock with a +1 stem. not sure how much rise the trialtech kit will give you, but maybe this will give you an idea.

Look at a bend chart and compare the measurements to stock, or go to a local shop and keep picking up bars until you find a bend that feels good to you. this is not a direct feel for how they will be on the quad, but it gives you some idea.

jonboy
11-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Try this out:
www.sixsixone.com/Products_TagMetals.aspx