PDA

View Full Version : Funny Sounds

Conman007
11-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I have been riding my 250ex around alot latly. Its a 2005 and never has any problems, runs strong and great. But just yesterday I brought it home, running fine, and put it in the garage and then went riding around the house today and it was "acting up".

I had to leave the choke on for a while or it would die out, and I noticed it was like bogging alot. I decided that I needed to go home, or it might get worse. As I was going home it died out, and I had to push it home. I get
it all cleaned up from the from yesterdays ride and it wouldnt start.

Filled it up with gas, started right up, but let it sit in teh yard and tried ot put it away and wouldnt start but now it runs but bogging liek before.

Heres the Clues for help:

1.) As cleaning I tipped it up on its back to clean the under body, gas was draining out.

2.) I looked at the filter and there was gas in the filter case, smelled like gas, but could be water Idk.

3.) I went through a little bit of water yesterday and some mud.

Can some one please try and help me, like tell me weather its flooded with water, what I need to do, or what?

ANY HELP IS GRATEFUL.

03pete
11-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Was your airbox filled with water or could you tell there was standing water/dirt in it before?

Brauap
11-23-2008, 06:08 PM
With the gas draining out, thats normal.. and with your air filter being wet with gas/water, thats your problem! Take your filter out, let it dry, clean your air box out, and it should be fine! When your filter gets wet, its kinda over til it dries..

Conman007
11-23-2008, 06:08 PM
I dont know, I smelt it on my hand after touching it and it was gas, but Idk if it was just the water mixed with the gas in my carb.

Whats the worst it could be? Do I need to take my carb out and clean it?

Thx for the help guys.

Brauap
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I would just to be safe.. you really would have to, but you never know. The only way water could have gotten into your bowl/jets is if it sucked it in or if it got in your gas tank. Just take your filter out, clean out your air box, andjust squart some carb cleaner on the piston and stuff just to be safe.. (Its fine if it gets down in your valves! It drys real fast!)

Conman007
11-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Alright, Tomorrow Ill clean the filter, and I already dried out the filter box. Then see how it is, and if its not any better, Ill consider take the carb out and cleaning it.