PDA

View Full Version : opigions on the wild hp 300

crazy canadian
12-14-2002, 05:18 PM
just looking for some comments on the new gas gas quad. Thinking about getting one this spring for when kenny comes to canada to ride! gotta make sure i'm faster than him.

R-Crazy
12-15-2002, 10:35 AM
well, my opigions:D are that it is a great quad, but still needs to get the first year bugs out of her. It is also a 2 smoke so you may have problems in the future with the emission laws. If ya want to beat kenny, just get a 90, that should keep him behind ya. jk :eek: :blah

dave

lt250r91
12-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Well if the 2-stroke thing is a problem their going to be releasing a 4-stroke 450 efi version of the quad soon.

So for I'm impressed with mine. I'll know more once I start racing it. I agree on the first year buggs. I'm hoping that there wouldn't be too many or any thing big.

If you are looking for something fast that you can get in the stock form the GasGas would be my first choice and second would be a cannondale.

toby400ex
12-18-2002, 09:07 AM
i would be afraid to do too much racinng with one right now, like for the parts availability, cant you only get parts from the maker this soon, and i would think they are all expensive, i would want one but if i was racing i would want something thats been out longer, not too mention buty isnt it gas gas's first production quad.

lt250r91
12-18-2002, 09:15 AM
another fine point on the parts availablity. I called my dealer last friday on this issue. He call his parts supplier and was told they already have a good inventory on the parts. Remember the engine is the same one in their 300cc dirtbike that has been out for a couple of years so engine parts will be easy to get. The ones that might be more of a proble would be tie rods and things that are new to the quad. I'm already looking to convert the tie rods over to 400ex ones so I can use the same ones on the cannondale and GasGas.

SGA
12-18-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 300ex rules
If ya want to beat kenny, just get a 90, that should keep him behind ya. jk :eek: :blah
HAHA, good one!:D