PDA

View Full Version : HELP? 250ex

Conman007
11-23-2008, 04:17 PM
I have been riding my 250ex around alot latly. Its a 2005 and never has any problems, runs strong and great. But just yesterday I brought it home, running fine, and put it in the garage and then went riding around the house today and it was "acting up".

I had to leave the choke on for a while or it would die out, and I noticed it was like bogging alot. I decided that I needed to go home, or it might get worse. As I was going home it died out, and I had to push it home. I get
it all cleaned up from the from yesterdays ride and it wouldnt start.

Filled it up with gas, started right up, but let it sit in teh yard and tried ot put it away and wouldnt start but now it runs but bogging liek before.

Heres the Clues for help:

1.) As cleaning I tipped it up on its back to clean the under body, gas was draining out.

2.) I looked at the filter and there was gas in the filter case, smelled like gas, but could be water Idk.

3.) I went through a little bit of water yesterday and some mud.

Can some one please try and help me, like tell me weather its flooded with water, what I need to do, or what?

ANY HELP IS GRATEFUL.

dirtdawg
11-23-2008, 06:19 PM
try cleaning the carb. sounds like it is clogged up. it may also be idling a little low. how deep was the water? if it was high enough to get into the exhaust, you are screwed. you'll need to tear into the engine.

Conman007
11-23-2008, 06:45 PM
No, The water was no where near the exhaust.

dirtdawg
11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
then, it should be simple. just clean the carb and your air filter. might as well anyway before the winter comes. make sure it's all set. just got done w/ my tune-up last weekend. usually people put the airbox lid on in the winter so they don't have to jet the bike again. that's what i do. just figured i'd share that w/ you.

MRJACK9
11-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Check the fuel filter inside of the gas tank. If broken clean the tank, main/reserve selector valve, lines, and system thru and including the float bowl. Use a long handled mirror, like a dental mirror and a flashlight, look down thru the fuel port.