PDA

View Full Version : Ice Racing

icepreddy
11-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Has anyone run their Predator on the ice? Any tips or tricks you have to share? Suspension set-up? Lowered? Tires combo's?(front or rear). Gonna be running the I.C.E. series this year. Just trying to pick every last advantage i can out before the first race. :ermm:

Polaris 450MXR
11-25-2008, 07:21 AM
18" rear chen chings with the longer screw combo. Put plastic nuts on the inside of the tires and slime them. As far as lowering def, most of those guys dont run rear shocks. Make some 1" square tube inserts for your rear shocks and find some shorter fronts. Go as wide as the rules allow and should be good to go. Practice your hole shots because it is such a short track where you start is where you finish! Very fun, very very short Hope they make it to maine again if so I will def see you there. I got 6th last year in Lewiston, ME

xtreme 250x
12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
^^^^^ you forgot to add on a bone stock quad

montycarlo
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I talked to a guy that ran the ice breaker class with them. The gentleman who won the race on a 450r actually had the throttle stop screw (on the thumb throttle housing) turned in to limit power and thereby kept from spinning out.

I actually have no experience on ice; i'm just sayen!

somewon
12-05-2008, 03:43 PM
spin outs are what killed me in the indoor race I did. if I took it over half throttle on the 540 it was too much and I went skating.

icepreddy
12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I've got the front end dropped. I had my cusin machine me some brakets out of aluminum to raise the shock mounts. The rear i lowered the bottom shock mount. I was going to just make the back totally solid but i think suspension will help keep it the rear planted. I've seen solid suspensions tend to hop. My motor should be back together my thursday and i'll be in Topeka, Kansas on Friday for the press conference. Racing saturday. Wish me luck.

icepreddy
12-15-2008, 02:56 PM
No racing for me! I broke my back! My predator is hopefully going to be ran though. My anti-polaris buddy is gonna run it while i sit here with this gay-*** back brace on!

Polaris 450MXR
12-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Did you break it while racing ICE series? That really sucks man. Take lots of Vitamin C it will help you heal faster! Like 3000 parts per day.

icepreddy
12-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Nope broke it the night before i left for Topeka. I fell off a scaffold at work about 10 ft. on to my back on the concrete. I've never felt pain like that in my life! My buddys that were coming down showed up at my house only to learn of the injury. Hopefully i recover fast and can ride at some point this winter. My preddy is ready to roll though.

WesDS450X
12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
we just got hella ice+snow here in oregon so i got the frist chance to take my bike out on the ice, it was pretty fun i might have to get in this ice racing! =]