View Full Version : 04 radiator fan question..

mjc597
11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
i have an 04 450r and i wanted to know how to hook my fan back up so it works again. the previous owner hooked up a kill switch and removed the key assembly. i'm looking for a way to get the fan working again. my temp light doesn't come on at all. any help would be greatly appreciated thanx...

WilRideAnything
11-23-2008, 06:26 PM
there are 4 wires coming from the harness thT the key switch plugs into. A red. black, green and black with a white stripe. You need to splice the red and black together and your fan and temp light will work again.

mjc597
11-23-2008, 06:45 PM
i took the hood off it and was tracing wires and i found a red and a black wire that have been cut and aren't connected to anything at the moment. if i splice theses two togehter this should fix it?? when i start my quad up after i splice the wires my light should come on for a few seconds right?? then i'll know it's working again right?? thanx for the help...i'll post back after i get a chance to try this out..

WilRideAnything
11-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by mjc597
i took the hood off it and was tracing wires and i found a red and a black wire that have been cut and aren't connected to anything at the moment. if i splice theses two togehter this should fix it?? when i start my quad up after i splice the wires my light should come on for a few seconds right?? then i'll know it's working again right?? thanx for the help...i'll post back after i get a chance to try this out..

Yes. That is correct. Splice them together and everthing will work properly.

mjc597
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
just wanted to say thanx.. hooked the wires up and got my fan working again, when i bought it i wasn't too concerned cause it doesn't get too hot in n.y. but i'm soon moving to arkansas and wanted to make sure i had a fan!! thanx again....

WilRideAnything
11-26-2008, 03:08 PM
You're welcome.