PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Warrior upgrades L@@K

motox92
11-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Im looking to get some more power out of my Yamaha Warrior.

New parts in the last month are:

Carrier bearings and seals
EBC brakes all around
EBC clutch
Carbon fiber levers
Clutch cable
Grips
Tail light
Stock exhaust (fmf way too loud for where I ride)
Uni air filter
Scott grips
+5 wheel spacers

After market parts
Fmf exhaust
d&g bumper
Shock covers

I do all the work myself, I will be willing to buy almost anything for it any upgrades let me know thanks!

Im going to get the frame powder coated black along with the swing arm and lower a arms, upper a arms yellow

deathman53
11-22-2008, 06:54 PM
maybe you should consider getting suspension done for you and your riding. Stock suspension is horrible, get rid of those rear spacers or get extended a-arms if really must keep the spacers. Stock width front and wider rear makes for alot of pushing in the corners and harsh stuff. I see you still have stock tires on it also, get rid of those in favor for holeshots(or similar). You should go with mods in this order

Tires
Suspension(or combined with extended a-arms)
different ergo stuff
extended axle/a-arms
open airbox lid(powroll sells one) combined with pro-design filter conversion
now you can get into your motor, start with a higher compression piston, then cam and maybe get the head ported.

You only can go as fast as your suspension/chassis will allow and a warrior needs alot of work to be good handling. I built an atc250r, built the chassis to handle a big powerplant and left the motor stock. When I needed more motor, upgraded it. I did the same with a atc200x, built the chassis, then the motor. On my atc200x, I was keeping up and passing 3/4 of the people on the track(chattsworth), yes, even against the 450's. It was a classic example of spending your money into the motor, but leaving the horrible tires and suspension. The motor makes more power than the chassis can handle in most sport atv's. You need to tune the suspension to be able to effectively use the power.

In all honesty....A warrior is like polishing a turd, you can't do too much with it. I had a warrior, 300ex's always smoked me. I rode one and found out why. I rode a 400ex a few times, later on got a trx250r and the warrior sat in the garage for months.

2muchquad
11-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Obviously a warrior is dated and there are many better options out there,BUT i understand in the real world we ride what our finances allow.Its easy to suggest "long travel this and zero pre load that" but if the finances dont allow...The warrior is still a good trail quad and if you want to improve upon it a bit,get a decent set of front shocks first.A set of works or progressive come to mind.Dont go overboard though as its not a racer so dont go dumping too much coin in it.Shocks and then amybe a jet kit with a "quieter exhaust" and a set of holeshots or razzors.Change the oil and it will last a long time.;)