PDA

View Full Version : PRM Summit vs. Pro Armor XC

Brauap
11-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I just need a quick answer..

What is your favorite? Why? Which is better? Say if you could have either for free which would you take?

Thanks!

(Any other info would be greatly appreciated!)

PS: This is for a 400EX if it makes a difference..?

XCRacer236
11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
everyones gonna say "if you like your frame, dont get either" but ive only raced 1 year, and seen both crunch like a pop can and the frame was still straight as an arrow! the summit IMO looks gayer than anything, and Pro-Armor is TOP NOTCH!

Brauap
11-22-2008, 04:03 PM
"if you like your frame, don't get either"

What does that mean..?

:confused:

powermadd400ex
11-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
"if you like your frame, don't get either"

What does that mean..?

:confused:

it is a myth that the summit and bull horn bumpers are so strong, that when you hit a tree your frame will crack and not your bumper. but this is 100% untrue. i have seen plenty of bullhorn bumpers bend due to trees, and other objects.

Sjorge450R
11-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
it is a myth that the summit and bull horn bumpers are so strong, that when you hit a tree your frame will crack and not your bumper. but this is 100% untrue. i have seen plenty of bullhorn bumpers bend due to trees, and other objects.

my prm summit hasnt bent my frame. I have hit a few things too. Dont get me wrong, it seems as if it would bend the frame but i break more bolts off in my frame than anything. Also, the PRM tends to bend, so you can jsut bend it back.

416exfreak
11-22-2008, 06:42 PM

I bent my bullhorn... the frame is still as straight as it was in 2002.

The rear end of my buddies banshee was a different story.:uhoh:

250RXCrider
11-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I have been very happy with my Summit. if you hit something hard enough must of the time you break the bolts before bending your frame.

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2008, 07:12 PM

A friend had a bull horn on his Z400, he went head on with a Raptor. That same bull horn bumper is on his NEW frame, and the bumper didn't even need to be straightened. To each his own, but I'd rather not chance it.

Brauap
11-22-2008, 07:20 PM
What do you guys mean the Summit bends.. I mean I know anything can bend but like is it easier..?

gcart2
11-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
What do you guys mean the Summit bends.. I mean I know anything can bend but like is it easier..?

these two bumpers are toooo strong.

for examplle, if i was iusing a rath mx bumper and ran into a tree the bumper would collapse, the frame and bumper bolts would be fine.

if i were to run into that same tree with one of the two you have posted, they would likely not bend and bend your frame or break the bolts to your bumper.

However due to what all the ppl are saying i guess they do bend a little, which is good. you want a bumper that will bend,break on hard impacts.

You have to remember a bumper is cheaper than a frame.

hope that helped:)

Brauap
11-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
these two bumpers are toooo strong.

for examplle, if i was iusing a rath mx bumper and ran into a tree the bumper would collapse, the frame and bumper bolts would be fine.

if i were to run into that same tree with one of the two you have posted, they would likely not bend and bend your frame or break the bolts to your bumper.

However due to what all the ppl are saying i guess they do bend a little, which is good. you want a bumper that will bend,break on hard impacts.

You have to remember a bumper is cheaper than a frame.

hope that helped:)

Thanks! :)

XCRacer236
11-23-2008, 09:19 AM
one of my buddies folded a bullhorn into an almost unrecognizable shape, and he just bent it right back as best as he could, and the frame was fine. one of my other buddies bent his summit, and the bolts broke. frame was fine. i believe the frame thing is an ABSOLUTE MYTH!

Sjorge450R
11-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
A friend had a bull horn on his Z400, he went head on with a Raptor. That same bull horn bumper is on his NEW frame, and the bumper didn't even need to be straightened. To each his own, but I'd rather not chance it.

well normal people dont hit others head on. Do the math. You moving 45mph into a tree. Total 45mph

You doing 45mph other guy doing 45mph Total 90mph. ANYTHING WILL BEND!

I love my summit and i never once thought about switching it for another bumper. Plus it projects your shocks a little too.

Brauap
11-23-2008, 11:42 AM
What do you guys think about the classic DG front bumper? The one where it looks like an upside down, bubble lettered "T"?

I know alot of people have them, and I can get them cheeply too, do you guys like that look or no? (Yellow 03' 400EX)

Scro
11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Summit, wouldn't think twice about. The best part is having 3 or 4 different bars to grab on to if you have to pull it out of the mud.

RaptorRacer45
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Ive run both and both are Great Bumpers but since the mounting system on the 700 Raptors suck ive ventured to trying many different bumpers.

I like The Summits alot though just a bit expensive