PDA

View Full Version : Craig Christy wins Class 24 PRO ATV at the 2008 Baja 1000

Vtr_Racing
11-22-2008, 02:29 PM
I am extremly happy to report that the Honda 4trax team of Craig Christy powered by Duncan Racing has just won the Baja 1000. Just got off the phone with the team from the finish line 2 minutes ago. After a killer start which had Jeremy Sanchez in the mix with Mike Cafro and Wayne Matlock up to mile 190. At that point the engine sputtered and and a lengthy pit stop put them way back. It took 45 minutes to diagnose the problem to a faulty CDI unit. Once back on the road they were about 15 minutes behind the 103A team of Tom Wright. After chasing them down from mile marker 190, they finally were able to overtake them on the San Felipe loop at mile marker 360 in the whoops. I believe whoops ace Dave Scott was on the bike at the time. Team Duncan steadily pulled away through Mike`s Sky Ranch and Valley De Trinidad. Jason Wade continued to pull away from Valley de Trinidad during the night run up across the peninsula and north up the beach run to Santo Tomas. Encountering a booby trap at mile marker 524, which left Jason a little shaken up. The locals built a huge bump out of rocks/pebbles in that area and it launched him into the air. He slowed down because he did not notice that there a couple days before the race while pre running. This team deserved this win. They have worked so hard this year. I was lucky enough to have Craig ask me to race with them at last years 1000 and they put alot of effort into this program. It paid off this year. We took 2nd last year at double the mileage! It couldnt have happened to a better bunch of guys. I loved hearing the whooping and hollering on the phone a few minutes ago from them in Ensenada! As of this writing no other quad has come across the line. Congratulations Team Duncan and Craig Christy.

Craig Christy Sponsors are

Christys Editorial-Duncan Racing-Instinct Charter-Rockstar Energy Drink-Cycle Gear-PWR Performance Products

Riders are

Craig Christy, Dave Scott, Steve Abrego, Jeremy Sanchez, Jason Wade

Pit Crew

Beau Nillson, Schellinger, Justin Aaron Ard, Leonard Duncan, DSJ, Tom and Matt, Capt. Dan, Morgan, Adam Mayfield

Internet Crew

Yours truly, Marc Choquette

Vtr_Racing
11-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Im doing the math here and just realized that Craig may have won the Class 24 Pro points championship. Here is who entered the race per Scores website.
CLASS 24: 7
101A Craig Christy
102A Shawn Robins
103A Tom Wright II
104A Benjamin Lopez, Jr.
105A Abraham Romero L.
106A Rob Ransford
107A Sergio Alvarado
This is who was in the points chase and I did not see the two, Servin or Beltran entered.
CLASS 24—1. Francisco Servin/Isaac Castro/Rocky Merino, Chula Vista, Calif., Honda TRX450R (2), 167; 2. Javier Beltran, San Ysidro, Calif/Santos Perez, Tijuana, Mexico/Cristian Rojas, San Ysidro, Calif., Kawasaki KX450, 155; 3. Craig Christy, Burbank, Calif./Robin Fawcett, Santee, Calif./Steve Abrego, Covina, Calif., Honda TRX450R, 147.
By adding the points for starting (40) and finishing (70) plus the class points for 1st.(17)
That looks like plenty to take it!!! Will find out very soon for sure!!

race proven
12-20-2008, 07:26 PM
are these guys pros never heard of them before.none of the names in the class 24 but the class that cafro and matlock run is the pro class right.