PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

DaBoot1978
11-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I didnt realize I hit a stick and knocked the lower hose to the radiator from the block. The temperature light never came on because there was no hot water running across thermostat. My bike overheated without my knowledge. I felt it was hot but thought it was the exhaust heat. I didnt realize my bike was getting too hot until the head gasket blew. I changed the head gasket without realizing why the bike was getting hot because there was still water in the resevoir. I took it to a friend of mine when the bike was still getting hot and he figured it out. The only problem was it was still getting hot and I blew another head gasket! Big pain in the arse!! Just wanted to share my experience with you guys in case you run in to the same problems. Does anyone know if there are any precautions I should take... cams... rings... the bike isnt smoking and still runs great... I dont think I burned anything up but is there something I should do just in case?

DaBoot1978
11-22-2008, 01:25 PM
I posted all that without saying I have an 06 kawasaki brute force 750. VDI, muzzy, lid, jets