View Full Version : Any Toyota Tundra owners?

Quad18star
11-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Looking for input from Toyota Tundra owners.

I'm in the market to buy a new truck and I'm looking at a new 2008 Tundra CrewMax 4x4.

Since Toyota is pretty new to the full-size truck market I'm trying to get feedback from owners.

How do you like the truck? Any problems so far? Overall quality?

I'm going to have to decide in the next little while on what to buy ... right now it's a toss up between a new Tundra , a new F-250 or a 2006 F-350 .

fast426
11-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I work at a Toyota dealer, but am not a sales man. I can tell you they are honestly the nicest truck I have driven, and I have drove them all. My dad has a Duramax with a chip, and I would take the Tundra any day. Plus its a Toyota, you cant go wrong. If you have any questions, let me know, I would be glad to answer them for you.

Lucas

c450Razy
11-22-2008, 05:42 PM
i had to drive for work a few weeks, and i HATED it.. to me it felt like a slug.. just felt like it was missing something.. idk almost like a cheap feel to me..just my 2cents

JParisi48
11-22-2008, 05:46 PM
i dont know anyhting about tundras but i reccommend u dont get the f 350, my step dad has had one for about a year and he broke down 4 times and crashed once because the brakes locked up on him, just my opinion.

Giz400ex
11-23-2008, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star

I'm going to have to decide in the next little while on what to buy ... right now it's a toss up between a new Tundra , a new F-250 or a 2006 F-350 . [/B] The tundra will ride alot better than 250 or better yet the 350. One the thing I was surprised about was the room inside the auto. Most of there autos, if your 6ft or higher, you will have a difficult time getting in and out. But, there tundra is VERY roomy and I was shocked. No one will beat there quality and reliablity, imo. I've had dodge, ford and driven alot of chevy's and the tundra surpasses them by far. If i needed a diesel then obviously go with the big 3 but if I didn't, the tundra would be my choice. Probs wise, when they first came out they where have a prob with there drive shafts. Other than that its been minor.

Wheelie
11-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Check out the silvercreek video. Also, do some research on the bed and tailgate problems Toyota is having with these trucks.

trx400exxracer
11-23-2008, 09:24 AM
My brother has a 03 tundra, Me an 05 and my dad an 06. I know they are not the new style but the quality, reliability, and comfort of a yota will not let you down.

mxtuner
11-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Have you looked into the nissan titan at all?

speed 450
11-23-2008, 12:50 PM
what are you going to use the truck for

Quad18star
11-23-2008, 03:16 PM
The truck is going to be a second vehicle. I need something 4x4 for the winters and to just feel safer in.

I'm not hauling around no big trailer , just the quad in the bed or I'll buy a landscapper trailer. Other than that it's just to haul around crap that can't fit in a car.

I looked at the Titans , not a fan of their styling.

stumpleg
11-24-2008, 09:20 AM
My mom and dad bought a Tundra crewmax a month ago, and so far it seems like a good truck, but there are a few areas where they went wrong.

Pros: Toyota (cant beat that), lots and lots of room, not just in the front, but also the back seat, brakes are top notch, would probably stop on a dime if you hammered it hard enough, turning radius is great as well.

Cons: When getting in, there is not a lot of room from the steering wheel to the seat, so it can be uncomfortable if you have long legs, heard conficting stories about the radio, dont really know the whole deal about it, mileage is poor at first, but heard the more miles you put on it, the better it gets (they are currently averaging about 14-16. Also, the 6 speed seems like it is to much, almost feels like it is in between gears a lot.

tt racer
11-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I have an 02 with 126,000 on it with no probs. Im telling you the smooth ride quality cant be beat and i get 18 mpg. I will tell you ive also raced other half ton trucks from a rolling 45 mph and beat them pretty easily. I know there is no sense in doing that but iam a racer in the blood and will prob race any thing i have. Anyway you wont regret it and will get some great discounts also.

johnnyquad17
11-28-2008, 02:04 PM
I have a 07 Tundra Sr5 4x4 5.7 and love it. I have had 0 problems and love the power and ride. It is the best full size gas truck out there. I have over 20K on her.Good luck!

danhung11
11-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I have owned my for about 7 months. I really like it, it has tons of power and is not super heavy. It has characteristics of my old Chevy 2500HD with the 4.10 rear end but it does feel different pulling. It is also came with the electric brakes and like stated above...tons of room. Anti-slip that is able to be turned off, lots of storage and power outlets. Good accessible cup holders.

Another good sign is that most aftermarket parts...they are manufactured by Toyota and high quality bolt on accessories. I do not believe they void the warranty.

I was a Chevy guy and this thing made me a believer and I haven't heard of too many complaints others. My insurance lady told me that the a lot of folks from Texas have made the switch that were all predominately domestic truck owners. Also, it was named 2008 Motor Trend Truck of the Year.

Other trucks that I have owned:

1996 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 4.3L Vortex 4x4
1997 Chevy Extended Cab Z71 with 5.7L 4x4
2003 Chevy Extended Cab Z71 LT with 5.3L V8 4x4
2005 Chevy 2500HD LS with 6.0L 4x4
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 5.7L High Output V8 4x4

Let me know if you have any other questions.

PS - they are still running 0% I think and not asking for a bailout. ;)