PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust- HMF or motoworks sr4

custompainter99
11-22-2008, 08:10 AM
I know this has been beat to death but,,, I'm looking to buy a slip on exhaust and am looking at either the HMF sport ,motoworks sr4, or the Two Bro's slip on ....any thoughts on these three slip-on's going a pretty much stock 400EX?? Thanks

Honda10
11-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I have heard nothing but good things from HMF, and from personal expirence I feel it is the best for the money.

lilyamaharacer4
11-22-2008, 01:35 PM
The two bros arent a bad pipe either, i like how it sounded in my buddies 440.

leasureryan
11-22-2008, 02:11 PM
HMF all the way for the 400ex!

miller821
11-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan

Tacoma02TRD
11-23-2008, 11:55 AM
X2 for HMF, man have this on my 400ex and have loved it. Mines with the HMF headers too but the slip on will not disappoint!

HMF for the win!!!:D

ginobili07
11-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Ya i have an HMF slip on and love it, i am also going to buy a FMF powerbomb header soon and it will make the HMF even better

Brauap
11-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I think HMF's on 400EX produce the most annoying sound ever..

Tacoma02TRD
11-23-2008, 02:36 PM
^^^ I don't find it annoying and have never had anyone complain about it. Personally I think it sounds really throaty but to each his own. The motorworks mufflers sound pretty BA though...

11-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Brauap

x2

Not to mention everyone and their mother has one.

Be unique.. The Motoworks is a really nice exhaust, sounds bad @ss, and you would be the second person on these forums to have it on a 400ex.

Brauap
11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
x2

Not to mention everyone and their mother has one.

Be unique.. The Motoworks is a really nice exhaust, sounds bad @ss, and you would be the second person on these forums to have it on a 400ex.

And don't forget about their bother too! ;) lol

I havn't ever heard a Motoworks before..

Also, alot of people WB E-Series (like myself) and I like it for its tunibility and I like the unique sound of the disk styled exhaust..

11-23-2008, 02:44 PM
this is the one guy who has it on this site.. sounds mean.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQxAYb5LZqc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQxAYb5LZqc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

powermadd400ex
11-23-2008, 03:25 PM
yep motoworks is an awesome pipe, my buddy has one on his z400 and it helped alot with throttle responce.
oh and i think the guy in the video above doesnt even have that quad anymore, i think he traded it for a 250r.

Ryan'07400ex
12-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Which do you think gives more horsepower, throttle response, etc.

mooseracerX
12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
x3.
I'm kinda partial to LRD Performance myself. :rolleyes:

12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan

x whatever its at. if you cant have Sparks theres no other pipe i rather have besides HMF. For the price and what you get out of it how can you go wrong? the reason so many have it is because its cheaply priced, good quality and gains. thats the dumbest thing to say i dont want that because so many have it because your just gonna lose the race lol dont see how they are annoying either. they sound awesome in person. and the best is when 2 are in sync wow its the most amazing sound from a quad. this was taken on a digital camera. not the best quality but it still sounds pretty good

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MzdEYuoXxHQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MzdEYuoXxHQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

buck440
12-01-2008, 05:53 PM
HMF did you see how i put it in capital, thats cause its the clear stand out choice. man they sound so good and loud 'not in the crappy way', its a beasty screamer and ide have it no other way:scary:

BlaineKaiser450
12-01-2008, 06:09 PM
HMF for sure! if i didnt have a 450 as my main quad, thats what id put on it

mooseracerX
12-01-2008, 06:16 PM
All the HMF's I've herd the people must have taken the guts out because they sounded horrible. But to each their own. You really can't go wrong with any name brand aftermarket exhaust.

lilyamaharacer4
12-01-2008, 06:20 PM
^^ I wouldnt say that look at the scorpion, DG, and cobra pipes.Most of the supertrapps are junk except the ones that they make for rossier and tc.

mooseracerX
12-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Those were actually the ones I didn't think where real brand names. The DG x2 is the only good one they make. And I agree about the TC.

Haroci
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I run a Motoworks pipe and love it. Not too loud. A friend of mine (who rides a YFZ450) said it sounds good (and mean). I have recently added a FMF Powerbomb header which kept the same tone but made it a little louder.

Pipeless416
12-02-2008, 08:07 PM
ive heard that the powerbomb reduces the db output. thats the only reason im considering one.. you're the first to claim it made it louder.

rcatvrider
12-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I've also heard it makes it quieter.

I'm not sure what i think about the hmf, everyone says they provide awesome gains, but they're a bit loud and it's not the best sounding pipe I've ever heard. The hmf ironman on the other hand sounds freakin awesome on the 400ex. If only the price tag was a little lower as were the db output.

Haroci
12-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I can tell a slight difference in noise, but my brother says it is defenetly louder than the slip-on only. I purchased the power bomb thinking that the noise will not increase, but I can say it did. Could be something to do with it being less restricted, and a more consistent pipe diameter.
It could be me, inhaleing that damn 2-stroke smoke can make you looney:eek2: (damn Banshee *cough-cough*)

rideracelivemx7
12-04-2008, 10:39 AM
yeeeee i just saw my video on there lol, motoworks is the best bang for your buck, great throttle response. i haev an hmf on my 450r now and i dont really care for it, if they made motoworks for the crf450r then you bet your bottom id get that pipe and be the first inline to buy. the video i took of my 440ex i personally think taht pipe made it sound almost like a 450. the video did not do it justice, its much deeper and sexy sounding lol. hmf is obnoxious, then again i have it on an 03crf450r haha. plus the motoworks just looks great, its unique and great color lol

rideracelivemx7
12-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
yep motoworks is an awesome pipe, my buddy has one on his z400 and it helped alot with throttle responce.
oh and i think the guy in the video above doesnt even have that quad anymore, i think he traded it for a 250r.

nope he backed out,didnt like my brakes haha, i traded it for a crf450r and a 02 klx300. sold the klx for cheap and dumped all into the crf. ive been on bikes my whole life, i wanted a quad to have fun with bore it and tool on my buddies who have atv's =]

400EX_305
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
im getting an HMF sport series slip on, and i have an fmf jet kit ready to go on. can anyone help me out with a starting point for the jest size i will need. the only other thing on the bike is a rev box.

Ryan'07400ex
12-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Many people say HMF is better just because more people have it. But motoworks might be good to it is just newer?

12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ryan'07400ex
Many people say HMF is better just because more people have it. But motoworks might be good to it is just newer?

Motoworks is as good if not BETTER than hmf. For some reason theres this whole hmf cult on this site. I honestly think they sound kind of crappy/raspy, and are mediocre are far as power goes. They're not bad, but not what people make them out to be.

scuzz
12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 400EX_305
im getting an HMF sport series slip on, and i have an fmf jet kit ready to go on. can anyone help me out with a starting point for the jest size i will need. the only other thing on the bike is a rev box.

You'll need to tell us more than that if you want our guess-imation of your jet size.

Airbox mods?

Aftermarket Filter?

Cam?

Pipeless416
12-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Motoworks is as good if not BETTER than hmf. For some reason theres this whole hmf cult on this site. I honestly think they sound kind of crappy/raspy, and are mediocre are far as power goes. They're not bad, but not what people make them out to be.

i'd like you to show me some facts that lead you to this. do you really think that the gain between pipes is noticeable to the average rider? the sound thing is all subjective. personally, the sound of the dmc alien system hurts my ears, but i LOVE the sound of my HMF. so tell me why an HMF is just mediocre as far as power goes. also, tell me a pipe that has an appreciable gain over the slip on HMF that is not the $500 sparks system. HMF has this so called cult following because it delivers good gains for a great price. so prove me wrong, because i see how opinionated you are on so many topics and you tell everybody whats good and whats bad, yet i seriously doubt you have had experience with every one of the brands/parts you bash, if any.

12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i'd like you to show me some facts that lead you to this. do you really think that the gain between pipes is noticeable to the average rider? the sound thing is all subjective. personally, the sound of the dmc alien system hurts my ears, but i LOVE the sound of my HMF. so tell me why an HMF is just mediocre as far as power goes. also, tell me a pipe that has an appreciable gain over the slip on HMF that is not the $500 sparks system. HMF has this so called cult following because it delivers good gains for a great price. so prove me wrong, because i see how opinionated you are on so many topics and you tell everybody whats good and whats bad, yet i seriously doubt you have had experience with every one of the brands/parts you bash, if any.

I'm not trying to start a fight. I honestly only rode 3 400ex's in my life. Mine, my friends with an FMF, and my other friends with an HMF.

We all are running the same stock stuff otherwise. I just put my key in way after this. As far as sound goes, i would have to give that to the fmf. It produces a real nice smooth grumble. I would say the alien is second and hmf third. We all have our own opinions that we're entitled to.

As far as power, between all 3 of the 400ex's and this is an honest unbiased answer, mine seems to have the quickest sotp feel. It seems very snappy compared to the others. The hmf was still a little quicker feeling than the fmf. And it was about in between the fmf and alien.

That is my honest answer. I would have no reason to lie about something like that. I know there's 400ex's out there that make mine look silly.

Ryan'07400ex
02-04-2009, 10:50 AM
So if you had to decide between HMF Ironman and Motoworks sr4 which would you get for 400ex. (Slip-on)

rideracelivemx7
02-04-2009, 10:53 AM
motoworks hands down, i have an hmf on my crf450 and i hate it, the day motoworks comes out with products for bikes ill be first inline to purchase

powermadd400ex
02-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by rideracelivemx7
nope he backed out,didnt like my brakes haha, i traded it for a crf450r and a 02 klx300. sold the klx for cheap and dumped all into the crf. ive been on bikes my whole life, i wanted a quad to have fun with bore it and tool on my buddies who have atv's =]

your joking right? he didnt trade you cause he didnt like your brakes?! LMFAO what a tard.

but i think you made out good with the crf though. fast mofos they are :cool:

rideracelivemx7
02-04-2009, 11:21 AM
lmao such an old post,the 450 will rip your arms off and it has great usable power all rpms, full throttle is just stupid lol

yeah he was blasting next to me when i was on his 310r and he was a dumb rider so it was ok, im glad i have the 450 though the 310 has soo much lag in the lower end, it was all up top, the 450 would destroy the 310r anyway :blah: i threw a valve though soooo im tearing the head off, i got a stage 2 cam and its getting a 250$ port job and sweet valves next week or so cant wait!!

Ryan'07400ex
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rideracelivemx7
[B]lmao such an old post,the 450 will rip your arms off and it has great usable power all rpms, full throttle is just stupid lol

Yea it is old, I used the search button like everyone says to. So do you like you sr4?

rideracelivemx7
02-07-2009, 06:48 AM
when i had it i apsolutley loved it, i didnt want to get rid of the bike with the pipe on there haha, i wanted to fab it up the the 450, but i know it wouldnt have fit and i had alot of money to go to get teh 450 going at the time :( but as expensive at motoworks are, they know there stuff, i loved the sound