View Full Version : camera.

yates42
11-21-2008, 08:14 PM
im looking for a decent camera.
like up to 100 with a lense.
something a can take action shots with.

strnge
11-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Do you want 35 mm or digital? It would help if you posted that info for people.

yates42
11-29-2008, 12:32 PM
i meant up to $1000
a dlr-s not sure wat mm

strnge
11-29-2008, 09:37 PM
I assume you mean.....Digital Single Lens Reflex. You want a camera that you can take the lenses off. This way you can use the one body for several different purposes.

Example being:

Motorsports photography:
http://i36.tinypic.com/fwn2gj.jpg
Family Photography
Everyday Life Photography
Still Photography

If so then you are talking to the right person.....if not then let me know what you mean.....

Mike

yates42
11-29-2008, 10:36 PM
yea thats wat i meant sorry.

strnge
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
If you are serious about learning to shoot a camera well, then join this website:

http://photography-on-the.net

Click on the words:

CANON DIGITAL PHTOGRAPHY FORUMS

Join this forum. There are about 300,000 posts every month or so. This is where you go to find out how to photography anything and how to do it like a pro. The people who discuss there are the best in world. Every photo you have seen in the following magazines/newspapers are shot buy guys on this fourm: Maxium Magazine, S.I. Magazine, USA Today Newspaper, Nation Geographic, Playboy Magazine and many many more!

These guys know their ****!

Go to the Classified Sell section in the bottom. This is where these photographers will have insaine deals on thier back up cameras. Right now there is a Canon 40 D on there for $700. That camera new is $1400. Many guys in this forum have 2+ cameras and sell the back up ones to purchase new ones every couple of photo shoots. I and several of my friends here in California have purchase from these guys and NEVER had an issue!!!!!

That camera will last you 15 years easily. My last one was in perfect condition at 15 years when I sold it to upgrade. I didn't even want to, I just figured it was about time.

I would recomend a Canon 40 D for you. You will not be happy with anything less. You need the high shutter speed for action and you need a high speed shutter action to take action shots. The photo I posted on this discussion was with a Canon 40 D.

Buy a lens separate.

Mike Anderson
A.K.A.
Strnge on the forum I am recomending.

Pappy
11-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Avoid the Canon 40D if outdoor sports such as MX or desert/xc racing is your goal, they do not hold up well to the abuse and especially the dust, other then that it is a great starter camera.

Nikon D200's, Canon 30D and 5D all have been proven by those of us that do this for a living....and all can be found used.

I sell my bodies at the end of each season, they are spent for anyone besides someone wanting to get a foot wet. Be wary of a "Pro" selling gear especially if they do anything outdoors beyond landscape, scenary, street or portrait work.

The internet is full of photography websites that can help a person along, enjoy them and look past the BS just like any forum!

strnge
11-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I think the 30 D is too slow for his use. The 5D is out of his price range. I would recomend the 5D if you have the cash. Just research.....as Pappy said he sells his after each season....I use my 1DMKII for all differnt kinds of shooting.
Mike

strnge
11-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey Pappy I just check out your race photos. Nice. I guess you don't have much of a choice for backrounds? Alot of distractions. I see you have Nikon on your avtar.

What 2 bodies do you carry?

What lenses do you have on them?

Are you selling the photos? To the riders mostly? Any magazines?

Mike

Pappy
11-30-2008, 10:36 PM
I use Walmart disposables:)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3279/2810236407_a4b157d05f_o.jpg

strnge
11-30-2008, 10:38 PM
:huh LOL!