PDA

View Full Version : MAjor Issues Registering Quad

kazuaki
11-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm looking for any help I can get here...

I have a 2008 DRR DRX2-90 that I purchased from an out of state dealer. I am in California. I am trying to get this registered. I understand it will be a red sticker, but that is fine. I have the Bill of Origin and all needed paperwork, including the CHP sign-off. The final hurdle which has stopped me dead in my tracks is the lack of a Federal Emissions Sticker on the quad. Apparently, without this, the quad cannot be registered at all. I have been told that in the absence of this sticker, my only other option is to get a letter from the manufacturer stating that the quad is OK to register in California.

I have tried multiple times to get this letter and it has become clear that it is not happening. I got a PDF copy of the sticker they say should be under the seat and it basically says the quad is for competition use only and not for recreational riding. I'm not sure this is going to help my cause any, especially since it is just an electronic copy.

Does anybody have any experience registering these quads in CA or any other advice? We ride almost exclusively in the Glamis dunes and lately, BLM officers have been impounding unregistered vehicles. This means our new DRR is parked and my son has nothing to ride until we get this resolved.

Does anybody have any advice?

kazuaki
11-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Guess I'm the only one in CA? :(

thedeatons
11-24-2008, 11:41 PM
I got a sticker in NorCal no problem... Dunno what they are smoking.... Contact Les at Extreme Mini Quads NW, he may have a few things to say. Tell him James sent you.

I was able to get a green sticker because ours was a 70. The first 70s were actually titled as 50s, then upgraded later. A 50cc automatically qualifies for a green sticker.