PDA

View Full Version : Best 600 Streetbike....

JRP
11-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Between all the top brands, what would you consider the best/most comfortable street bike? Ppl say the r6 is the most comfortable and the power is just like all the other 600s. Just wanted ppls opinons that actually has riden them. Thanks

CTmxyfz
11-21-2008, 07:41 PM
r6 is factory race bike, not the most comfortable at all

cbr600rr you sit more upright and comfortable

gsxr600 you sit upright but i dont like the long take feel it has with the upright position

zx6r in between r6 and the 600rr and gsxr

Gixxers are "me too" bikes, ive ridden them all, work on them for a living at a honda/yamaha shop

I have an 07 r6 and love it, though its not the most comfortable at all of the 4, its a race bike, your stretched out, and leaned over alot more, and it sets you foward on the front end more to dive into corners personally.

The rr and gixxer are nicer cruisers but they arent made you cruise they are sportbikes in my opinion

I hate and despise of suzukis and some things they do, everyone thinks they are the best..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

r6, makes power after 8-10k and up SCREAMS in the high rpms to redline
gixxer, makes power 6-7k and up pulls pretty stought all the way
zx, makes power 6-7 and up and pulls pretty good all the way
rr, makes power LOW 3-4 and up lacks up top

r6 has a slight dead spot at like 6k
rr is like its brother f4i, power down low and up
zx has good lower end to
gixxer does good all around

it all depends on what your looking for

gixxer has intergrated turnsignals all around

rr has the center mount im not fond of sucks theres no room for undertail setup
zx was like that, the 09 has side stubby, and looks ALOT better now
r6 has the big arse piece you can take off, i bought a nice flush mount piece that is painted to match and looks stock, and i use the "oem" plate location, two push pins for the undertail toward the shock, plate lines up perfectly, coincidence? integrated tail on mine too

They all have their ups and downs, i have an 07 charcoal and love it, i wish i had the 08 style windscreen and mirrors where i could take them off without needing mirror plates. though the 08 and up doesnt have the aux center light like mine, and it looks weirder. the 08+ tail has slits in the side next to the seats and the rear cowl looks "fat chick" like now, my 07 is skinny and sleek.

I just built a 09 r6 white today, they definately worked on the seat pitching you foward unlike me. you sit nicer now, more flat and comfy than my model. They improved the motor, no more deadspot!

I wish i had the black forks instead of my gold forks for the look in going after:ermm:

jesseweaver
11-22-2008, 07:37 AM
alright you sound like you know what your talking about.

what do you think about the ninja 636s and gixxer 750s

hypersnyper6947
11-22-2008, 12:16 PM
What about the triumph daytona 675 my old roomate got one and it was pretty sick.

440challenger
11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
The power can be put easily where you want on a street bike(via gearing changes), but for street rididng a r6 is uncomfortable and all top end.

Stick to a 636 or gsxr

Hondas arent bad, kinda uncomfrtable if you ask me though.
All personal preference, go sit on some. You want to feel comfortable. (controls, rear sets, seats ,tank etc all comes into play

CTmxyfz
11-22-2008, 03:35 PM
636s have more power than the 600s, and i liked the later style of them myself, they are pretty sweet bikes really.

750s are the same as the 600s just bigger motor basically

Triumph daytona 675s are sick, if i could id get one as well.