PDA

View Full Version : installing alot of enginr parts

dan42684
11-21-2008, 03:08 PM
me and my buddy are installing the athena 435, both hot cams, new ferrara valves, drz kit, pro flow filter and a full lrd exhaust. is there anything we need to get or know about to do this properly?

quad97
11-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Make sure you have a shop manual. Stiffer clutch springs wouldn't be a bad idea. Add a 400ex air boot and replace the cam chain too if it has many hours on it.

Drewltr450
11-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Get a ring compresor from athena or wear ever your piston comes form. It helped me alot when i put my piston in. Also when you put your Gaskets in make sure that the surface of the gasket and the head and the cylinder are 100% clean and oil free. TORQUE EVERYTHING to the right settings. And yea get a new camchain they are not that expensive. When you have your cylinder off stuff as much towels down into were the crank it so nothing like clips bolts can fall down. If they do fall your gona have to slip the whole engine down and go and get it. Having a retractable magnet on the end of a pice or rod of metal always help for removing hard to get bolts.

dan42684
11-23-2008, 03:35 PM
the drz kit came with a new cam chain so that will be going in. and thanks for the post