PDA

View Full Version : ever heard of this?

400thumper
12-14-2002, 01:55 PM
a friend in san diego got a d.u.i , was thinking if going to buttercup this weekend. for some reason he called the B.L.M and they told him if he did'nt have a driver license with him in the dunes he would lose his license for up to a year .i never carry my driver license with me does anyone else ?

kj400
12-14-2002, 09:21 PM
from what ive seen its the same as a car i have seen a couple of people get d-wees on quads in wa, you also get a ticket for no helmet and riding double to.

400thumper
12-15-2002, 06:02 AM
he didn't get it riding a quad .he was driving a car i know the laws are the same .iwant to know if any carries a driver license with them while riding at buttercup ,gordon's or galmis and if they have been stoped were they asked for it ..

rummerd
12-15-2002, 07:57 AM
It sounds like B.S. to me. If you need a drivers license, how do all the little kids get away with riding there? You have to have a helmet and a whip, but I am un-aware of any other requirement.

400thumper
12-15-2002, 09:10 AM
thats what i thought i've been going there for over 20 years and never hear of anything like that .thanks

oldsandman
12-15-2002, 12:05 PM
If you have had your license suspened you can be be cited for operateing a vehicle even if it is off road. The information booth at pismo had that posted when I was there Friday. I'm not sure if it is just state parks, blm or what.

400thumper
12-15-2002, 03:10 PM
oldsandman thats what the blm told him so i guess it's true .not sure how they would find out but better safe than sorry .thanks for the help..

Breyon55
12-15-2002, 06:46 PM
This is true, if your CA state license has been revoked or suspended you are NOT allowed to drive/ride a vehicle/atv at ANY OHV park in the state of california....If you are pulled over by the rangers they ask for your id and will find out its been revoked or suspended...also if you have a restricted license (to and from work) they will also pop u.......All Ca vehicle codes are also inforced at OHV parks...wreckless driving, DUI, speeding........Kids get away with this because theyve never had a license or been able to drive a vehicle and do somthing to get it revoked/suspended............

Only way you could get away with this is if u have a fake Ca license........

Str8Wicked
12-16-2002, 09:30 AM
You are still in CA so all california laws apply. You can get a DUI driving in the dunes with a few beers in you... You can get tickets for no seat belts in a moving vehicle. You can get your truck impounded for having an open container of alcohal... You have to be doing something really stupid thou for a cop to pick you out of the crowd.