PDA

View Full Version : hockey equiptment

justin1022
11-21-2008, 07:35 AM
i am going to be playing hockey again this season at a midget level. i played befroe but then i wreaked my knee so i was out for a couple seasons. but i havent been keeping up on all the good equiptment and sticks someone wanna help me out no a good stick and skates and some good eqiptment.?

CaptainCanuck
11-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Here's what I'd go for:

Helmet: RBK or Bauer
Shoulder Pads: Whatever fits you best
Elbow Pads: Whatever fits you best
Pants: Whatever fits you best
Kneepads: Whatever fits you best
Gloves: Eagle or Warrior
Cup: Jock shorts with cup from Itech
Skates: Graf or Bauer
Stick: RBK (first one piece I've had that won't break), Warrior, Easton, Bauer (had two of them, a Vapour XX and Vapour XXX a few years back, snapped them both in a month)...Go feel out a flex, find the right curve, and get the right texture (diff types of grip)

justin1022
11-21-2008, 11:05 AM
ok so pretty much just whatever fits you best? ha rbk stick what model is it? and for skates what would you go for a more heavyer skate or a lighter skate?

97blaster200
11-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
ok so pretty much just whatever fits you best? ha rbk stick what model is it? and for skates what would you go for a more heavyer skate or a lighter skate?

no question about it go for a lighter skate. i have bauer vapor xxx skates and they are really light. but you really have to go with what you feel is the right skate. some of those prices on skates now are outrageous i use a easton stealth s17 stick and love it. but i have been hearing good things about the rbk sticks. ive had nothing but trouble with the easton synergy sticks. they break tooo easy.

justin1022
11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
ya snergys arnt to great i broke one. and skates yea its crazy my frriend gots these ones i tihnk there vapor but the vapor 4 and they cost him like 500 bucks but they got these blaes that are like 3 mm thick and there chrome blue and only has to sharpen them like 1 time a year there titanium or somthing. i was tihnkin of vapors for skates but i guess i will have to go and look i was more looking for a good stick price isnt a problem that freind with the skates also has a vapor 4 stick and gloves man the stick is a pretty sexy stick i must say. never yred it though.

97blaster200
11-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
ya snergys arnt to great i broke one. and skates yea its crazy my frriend gots these ones i tihnk there vapor but the vapor 4 and they cost him like 500 bucks but they got these blaes that are like 3 mm thick and there chrome blue and only has to sharpen them like 1 time a year there titanium or somthing. i was tihnkin of vapors for skates but i guess i will have to go and look i was more looking for a good stick price isnt a problem that freind with the skates also has a vapor 4 stick and gloves man the stick is a pretty sexy stick i must say. never yred it though.

yeah maybe once you get hit in the head a few times you will finally realize you should get some hooked on phonics because i did not understand a word you just said....

justin1022
11-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
yeah maybe once you get hit in the head a few times you will finally realize you should get some hooked on phonics because i did not understand a word you just said....

well to make it shorter i just pretty much asked if you have ever tryed the vapor 4 stick yet?