PDA

View Full Version : A-arms For Xc

Keystone_Rider
11-21-2008, 12:34 AM
I'll be racing in the 2009 GNCC series and will be doing some heavy modifying on the quad. For starters, I'm planning on getting Fox Evols DSC's and long travel a-arms. The big question is.... what is the best A-arms out there with MGC (maximum ground clearance), and are reliable? They got to be strong and can withstand hitting rocks. Any input and advice is welcome.

quad59
11-21-2008, 08:29 AM
atvfourplay.com

burgard rep
11-21-2008, 11:00 AM
We make an XC arms. #871 Dylan Ferguson used them all season at the GNCC's on his honda. Here is a link to them on our forum. Let me know what you think. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=368733

Keystone_Rider
11-21-2008, 08:44 PM
very nice, i'm very interested in those xc lt a-arms, but the big question is, how reliable are the ball joints? I don't want to keep replacing them every month from racing and practicing.
Is the handling harder or weirder due to the extra bend?
and the last question is... are they compatible with Fox Evols DSC?

Johnny Minehan
11-21-2008, 10:17 PM
http://www.lsracing.com/suzuki-ltr450_aarms-xc-suzuki-ltr450.html

QUADSQUAD7
11-22-2008, 05:53 AM
here you go shawn.
http://www.zbrozracing.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_24_82_113&products_id=164&osCsid=3kj3h3p242htctiab5qstrnfp2

burgard rep
11-24-2008, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Keystone_Rider
very nice, i'm very interested in those xc lt a-arms, but the big question is, how reliable are the ball joints? I don't want to keep replacing them every month from racing and practicing.
Is the handling harder or weirder due to the extra bend?
and the last question is... are they compatible with Fox Evols DSC?

Two of our motocross riders who raced pretty much all season for 2008 only used one set of ball joints the whole season. One of them raced B class and the other raced Pro Am and A. The bend doesn't affect the geometry or the handling of the a-arm. It just adds ground clearance. Yes they are compatible with the Fox Evols.
Any other questions just let me know.
Thanks

burgard rep
11-24-2008, 05:56 AM
Do you know what length shock you are using?

Keystone_Rider
11-24-2008, 04:53 PM
nope, i do not know what shock lenght i am using. Since I will be using Fox Evols DSC's and your XC A-arms, what length would you suggest? I was going to purchase Fox shocks LT for a LTR 450, unless told otherwise. I spend a fair amount of time going over modified goods, researching on them, etc, but i'm no expert on the front end. I don't mind the learning pains, but I do not want to go through wallet pains for products that are junk, not compatible, or is the wrong thing for a certain event. I don't want to waste money buying the wrong stuff.

burgard rep
11-26-2008, 12:07 PM
We recommend using a fox shock that is stock length. Even though it is a stock length the fox shock has more travel in than a stock shock. We could even get the shocks for you and sell the a-arms and shocks as a package.

Lonestar_R
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I had GT Thunders XC A-Arms on my LTR when I had it and they were so much better than the stockers. They handled a 100 times better than stock. I know they don't use LT shocks but probably work as good or better than all the other XC arms out there. Laz is a suspension genius and his parts work great.