PDA

View Full Version : blackberry storm

Warnerade
11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
well, whos gettin this thing? ill be going as soon as i get off work in a few hours to get in line

Nick110
11-20-2008, 10:37 PM
So your saying your coming out of the closet?

greenblood01
11-20-2008, 11:54 PM
They look really sweet, but I'm going to have to wait untill my carrier starts selling them so I can get one at a reasonable price.

JJs450r
11-21-2008, 05:05 AM
our carrier not gonna sell them till they merge with verison :-/ blah

Mean250r
11-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Storm?

IPHONE FTMFW ALL DAYY!

G'd up from the Feet up.

Warnerade
11-21-2008, 10:24 AM
yayyyy iphones :ermm:

I prefer feedback when I touch my screen

11-21-2008, 10:42 AM
ill be getting on for christmas. it looks great, already rater better than tha iphone, and is only 150$ when u sendin the rebate. cant beat it. i cant wait

mineralgrey01gt
11-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Warnerade
yayyyy iphones :ermm:

I prefer feedback when I touch my screen

i do get plenty of feedback when i touch mine, i hope you do get feedback, if you didnt the screen wouldnt be working now would it?

All the storm is the blackberrys attempt at catching the iphone, its not going to happen. Just like LG tried with the Vu, i bought one, a month later the screen went out, got an iphone and ill never look back

mineralgrey01gt
11-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by hondarider661
ill be getting on for christmas. it looks great, already rater better than tha iphone, and is only 150$ when u sendin the rebate. cant beat it. i cant wait

of course its going to have a better rating before it hits the market, if they didnt advertise it like that would people buy one over an iphone? I doubt it seriously. I wouldnt buy the first run ones since you know they will have problems and a ton of bugs

Warnerade
11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
andddd in my area the iphone is a POS because it doesnt get service.

be and iphone fanboy all you want lol, everyone in my area that has one hates them...so ill stick with my storm

11-21-2008, 01:27 PM
i believe he ment by saying he wants feedback when he touches his screen, that unlike the iphone, the storm when you touch the screen it makes a noise. telling you that you reqest is coming. everyone prases the iphone, yes its a nice phone and all, but to me its way to exspensive my aunt and alot of my friends have iphones and i dont like any of them to me they are way over priced. the storm is basically like a iphone only cheeper. i wouldent want a iphone because about time i mess it up im out alot more money that if i would of havd a storm.thanks

XCRacer236
11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
F*** iPhones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STORM and DARE FTMFW!

Kickstarts-suck
11-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Checked it out today when I got my glyde updated. Its cool but Im not going to try and get it.

extremeblastr
11-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by hondarider661
i believe he ment by saying he wants feedback when he touches his screen, that unlike the iphone, the storm when you touch the screen it makes a noise. telling you that you reqest is coming. everyone prases the iphone, yes its a nice phone and all, but to me its way to exspensive my aunt and alot of my friends have iphones and i dont like any of them to me they are way over priced. the storm is basically like a iphone only cheeper. i wouldent want a iphone because about time i mess it up im out alot more money that if i would of havd a storm.thanks

actually you "click" the screen on the storm so you actually feel it like your pressing a button not just sliding your finger around

Warnerade
11-22-2008, 01:57 PM
The iphone does nothing but interact when you touch it, my voyager would vibrate when i touched it, and yes..the storm you actually clic...which after a day of using, I actually prefer over the vibrate and the nothing...

the only thing i dont like about the storm is how slow it does some thing, even rotating the scren has a delay...nothing that a simple firmware update from blackberry in the next couple of weeks wont fix

mineralgrey01gt
11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
andddd in my area the iphone is a POS because it doesnt get service.

be and iphone fanboy all you want lol, everyone in my area that has one hates them...so ill stick with my storm

i guess its just the area since verizon is worse that alltell in this area and in all of the places in the south i have went to, verizon didnt have any reception (friend of mine has verizon)

Go with your storm but until it can match the touchscreen like the iphone, i doubt it will be the #1 touchscreen phone in the wireless game. Im not an iphone fanboy, I hated them until I actually owned one. Everything I own is touchscreen. My computer, radio in my car, my cell, etc. Apple has the most impressive one out of the other companies I have touchscreen stuff with. Im just waiting to hear the regret from the people that bought it on the first go round and are going to have to fool with all the bugs that have to be worked out. Call me a fanboy of iphone, but hey your more of a nutswinger on that storm than I will ever be on that iphone ;)

11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
If its touch screen is anything like the Voyagers, that pretty much turned me away. I hate that touch screen and having to actually push down. I like the iphone/g1 touch screen.

Premis
11-22-2008, 04:41 PM
I just picked mine up yesterday. It's a nice phone but needs a firmware update. My buddy that works for Verizon said it's coming. I have had a few problems with it but iphone had problems at first too.

It's a necessity for someone like me that travels and needs to get e-mail. Otherwise it's overkill

Warnerade
11-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
i guess its just the area since verizon is worse that alltell in this area and in all of the places in the south i have went to, verizon didnt have any reception (friend of mine has verizon)

Go with your storm but until it can match the touchscreen like the iphone, i doubt it will be the #1 touchscreen phone in the wireless game. Im not an iphone fanboy, I hated them until I actually owned one. Everything I own is touchscreen. My computer, radio in my car, my cell, etc. Apple has the most impressive one out of the other companies I have touchscreen stuff with. Im just waiting to hear the regret from the people that bought it on the first go round and are going to have to fool with all the bugs that have to be worked out. Call me a fanboy of iphone, but hey your more of a nutswinger on that storm than I will ever be on that iphone ;) your welcome ;)

email was a deal sealer for me too, as my voyager couldnt do it for me.

is your camera touch screen too?

suck my pipe
11-24-2008, 05:19 AM
The new iphone is $150 I had the gen 1 and loved it but AT&T service is worthless where I live so I sold it.