PDA

View Full Version : Blu Ray players

Premis
11-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Someone brought up Blu Ray DVDs in another thread and wanted to know if The Factory would be released on Blu Ray. As I mentioned there, we are still researching this, hopefully you guys can help.

So, let's see it, who's got a Blu Ray player?

protraxrptr17
11-21-2008, 07:19 AM
I just have regular DVD. I will not get the new stuff untill its been around a few years and the price comes down as it always does. I got burnt on the whole Sega Dreamcast thing, thats when I decided that the next best thing isn't always that.

11-21-2008, 07:28 AM
blu ray is here to stay...it beat out the hd dvd already and the price of the players is dropping drastically...

i'll be honest though, i would not have one yet if my playstation 3 didn't come with it...i finally bought a large hd tv a few weeks ago and have watched only one blu ray movie so far and i will say that i was almost drooling at the clarity

Ralph
11-21-2008, 08:26 AM
I would love for some HD action to bless my TV!

Toadz400
11-21-2008, 08:52 AM
I know I was the one to get you started on this in the other thread, but obviously I have a PS3 with the Blu-Ray. I was not a believer of Blu-Ray until I watched it on my 40" HD TV then watched a normal DVD on the same TV...could not believe the difference! I have to say if you are thinking about releasing films on Blu-Ray I would definitely buy one as the clarity and resolution is absolutely amazing!

ZeroLogic
11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
What exactly is Blu Ray players?:confused:

Regular_Joe
11-21-2008, 10:47 AM
DVD's are the equal resolution as regular TVs. BlueRay is HD Resolution DVDs for HD TVs.

tach13
11-21-2008, 12:07 PM
i have a ps3 and would buy all the quad vids that come out in it because it makes the experiance that much better even at a higher price.

coryatver
11-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I think you could sell a lot of blue ray movies. If not anything you will be the only quad movie that you can get in HD so that will get a lot more sales itself. Blue Ray hurts my eyes its so sharp

hypersnyper6947
11-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Is the PS3 as good of a Blu Ray player as a normal Sony Blue Ray players are?

tach13
11-21-2008, 05:27 PM
ive never watched anything on a different one but the picture, the clarity, the detail, its like your watching it in first person, which is something thats hard to get in regular definition, but this movie looks like bouley did. by the way brandon im the one who bought your brothers yfz this summer.

Ralph
11-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
Is the PS3 as good of a Blu Ray player as a normal Sony Blue Ray players are?

Its one of the best seeing how it is easily firmware upgradable and a few other things.

Only downside is that if you are using it in a big entertainment center it doesn't use an ir remote so it would be hard to tie this in with a media remote for all your components.

11-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I have a ps3 and the blue ray c'd's are amazing the quality of the movie is really great. AND all the cable companies are switching to HD anyways so HD tv's and blue ray players are going to be a must soon.

Toadz400
11-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Blu-Ray is definitely worth the extra price. The picture is absolutely amazing! You can get Blu-Ray players as cheap as $200 now, which isn't much more than some of the higher-end DVD players. Prices on Blu-Ray discs will come down also as DVD's used to be the same price when they first came out.

Quad18star
11-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm getting a Blu-Ray player as soon as I decide to upgrade my TV. Another few months and things should be back down to reasonable prices... then I'll buy. :devil: