PDA

View Full Version : Hard times.. how can i sell my quad?!

MX MaNiAc 06
11-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Im trying to sell my quad for college money. But no one has any money?! Im not about to sell it for $3000. Can anyone point me in the direction of a place where it could sell for the right price?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371846

WilRideAnything
11-20-2008, 07:57 PM
The only way to make any money is part it out.

Purcell450r
11-22-2008, 11:30 AM
There is no way you will get what you want out of it, parting it out would bring more money.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Id have odd parts laying around i cant sell. I dont have all the stock parts to put it back together either. Man i wish i was buying a quad right now and not selling one..

MX450
11-22-2008, 02:53 PM
lower the price, you deff wont get 7500 for it, but prob could deff move it for around 5k. I couldnt get six out of mine so im keeping it.

If it aint sellin your askin too much. Also try cycletrader or craigslist if you havnt all ready, most folks on here are window shopping anyways.

Ripitupfilms
11-23-2008, 05:07 PM
ur deff gona need to lower that price.

represent618
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I have bought, sold and traded many, many bikes, quads, cars trucks, etc....I can tell you that your selling price is more realistic at 4500 - 5000, you have ot consider the economic value of the american dollar at all times when selling, right now, it is LOW.

No offense meant.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Thats so pathetic. I wouldnt let it go for that after putting a $1500 rear end n $1700 into the motor. The motors brand new not even broken in. I know 7500 is steep but i dont expect to get that. It would kill me to sell it for $5000

Ripitupfilms
11-23-2008, 10:00 PM
honestly what u really need to do is wash it up and get pics with the new stuff on it. because people are stupid and just look at pics and dont read.

at first glance i was like whats makes that worth that much its a stock rear . then reading it i realize ohhh.

gcart2
11-24-2008, 08:09 AM
7500 lol?

good luck man

kawabunga
11-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
7500 lol?

good luck man

That's how I felt when I saw that. It's not a pro's quad so you aren't going to get that. Even though you may have stuck that much money into your quad, you'll NEVER get that investment back. I've been in the same boat as you and yeah, it sucks. But that's the way it is.

400exrider707
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
They're right. It sucks, but they're right. I've seen PRO quads go for less than that even. $5000 is probably fair, and even that will be hard to get. No one has any money anymore man. I have a very clean stocker with fresh motor and a lot of polishing on and I cant get $3000 for it.:ermm:

Chino886
11-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Here is my input on your quad for sale, I have sold a couple and know what it takes and know what I got for mine.

I am asking $7500 OBO - People see this!

People see these items as value adders:
PEP LT ARC front suspension
LT JRD a-arms
Rossier Exhaust
IMS footpegs
janssen steering stem
RTC levers
LT PEP rear shock ARC (not pictured) one ride
LT LSR linkage
Denton steering stabilizer

The motor work is questionable cause you don't say what or who did the motor work:
The motor was just freshly rebuilt. I rode it around the yard for about a half hour on this fresh motor and it everything runs smooth like brand new.

The Items below do not add any value to the package:
Yellow Fullbore plastic
Tag T2 bars
Tag bumper
Galfer braided brake lines
Uni filter
Boyesen Quickshot
Sunstar sprockets
O-ring chain
Blingstar grab bar
Uni filter
Boyesen Quickshot
..and much more

mx1791
11-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
honestly what u really need to do is wash it up and get pics with the new stuff on it. because people are stupid and just look at pics and dont read.

exactly

detail the quad like your life depended on it, then take new pics during the day in a non clustered area.. like said in another post, most ppl are window shoppers and go straight to the pics, if your bike looks good you might see some more interest in it

louis_mielke
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
I know right now dealerships are doing anything to move new bikes. You can get some amazing deals on a new bike. sub $6k on a new 450r isn't unheard off.

That alone drives down the price of used in my book.

represent618
11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Yep. You can get a new 450R, kick or electric, for mid 5K.

Your bike is nice, and "WORTH" the money, but not right now in this economy.....you can literally buy a 1 season pro bike for 7k, that has twice the cash invested than yours, that is just the truth.

Again, nice bike, you would be better off waiting till after the holidays tro release it...$$

400exrider707
11-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by louis_mielke
I know right now dealerships are doing anything to move new bikes. You can get some amazing deals on a new bike. sub $6k on a new 450r isn't unheard off.

That alone drives down the price of used in my book.

We bought our Honda's for less than $6K brand new back in 04 when only the Hondas and Yamahas were out.

CR500rider
11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Basic rule of thumb is you will only get about 45-50% of what you have into it. Now that the economy is bad you could expect even less. Especially since this is just a hobby, hobbies have the worst resale value of anything. Also most people would rather pay for a STOCK used machine rather than one that is all tricked out. Im not saying that you abused this thing but when i see a tricked out machine for sale with brand new plastic it usually means it has been abused. In all reality your quad is worth 4000-4300 TOPS! Especially in todays market

staakej
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
The problem is with selling used race bikes is that people with money arent buying used bikes and poor people cant borrow more than the bike is worth. You can have 20,000 in a bike but to a bank it's still a used 450R same as the used stock bike. your best will be to part it out or just wait sooner or later you will find some one with cash in hand and no brains

Ripitupfilms
11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
just clean it up taken new pics and wait. i would never sell that quad for 4000$ people dont know what they talking about. apperance is everything

elementryder
11-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by CR500rider
Basic rule of thumb is you will only get about 45-50% of what you have into it. Now that the economy is bad you could expect even less. Especially since this is just a hobby, hobbies have the worst resale value of anything. Also most people would rather pay for a STOCK used machine rather than one that is all tricked out. Im not saying that you abused this thing but when i see a tricked out machine for sale with brand new plastic it usually means it has been abused. In all reality your quad is worth 4000-4300 TOPS! Especially in todays market

give the guy a brake, the quad is deffinatly worth more than 4000!!

i would say $5000-$6000 range would be more in the ball park!!

quad sounds nice man, good luck with selling it

represent618
11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
I disagree, after looking at what is on the market, it is more like a 4500 dollar bike, I know that sucks to say. I have a few that I would not consider selling at this point, no reason to take a hug loss...

take a look at what is on craigslist for 3-4 grand, it`s scary!
(not the ho`s, the quads)

11-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Im trying to sell my quad for college money. But no one has any money?! Im not about to sell it for $3000. Can anyone point me in the direction of a place where it could sell for the right price?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371846

hehe my buddys getin a nice modded 450r for 2800

economy sucks !:scary:

MX MaNiAc 06
11-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Yes i know ill never get 7500. But i cant say what i expect to get. Im gonna take your guys advice. Shine it up, take new pictures, and list it again in January. Its not like anyones missing out on ride time at this time of year anyway. Im also gonna drop the price. Thanks for all your guys input. Its a real kick in the face to watch my bike sell for horse chit..

kawabunga
11-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Thanks for the input guys. Yes i know ill never get 7500. But i cant say what i expect to get. Im gonna take your guys advice. Shine it up, take new pictures, and list it again in January. Its not like anyones missing out on ride time at this time of year anyway. Im also gonna drop the price. Thanks for all your guys input. Its a real kick in the face to watch my bike sell for horse chit..

Dude, there's nothing wrong with starting a little high. You can always go down, but never up. Someone might see the quad, fall in love with it, and see that as a decent price and you'll get it! You never know. I sold my Raptor 2 years ago for 4,200 and EVERYONE told me I was nuts to ask 4,400 for it. They all said I'd be lucky to get 3,500. I guess I showed them... You never know.