PDA

View Full Version : 400ex exhaust

400EX_305
11-20-2008, 10:08 AM
hi, guys. im new on here and new to the wonderful world of 4wheelin. i just bought am '05 400ex and it already has a rev box and a jet kit. what i waned to know was if anyone can give me suggestions as to what exhaust under 200$ would be my best choice. thanks

katch26
11-20-2008, 10:43 AM
for under 200 take a look at the lexx mx at rockymountain atv, otherwise you can probably find a good used one

Ruby Soho
11-20-2008, 11:12 AM
i have a whitebros mx4 slipon for sale, has maybe 15-20 hours on it, no dents, no scrapes, awesome condition, great power and great sound asking 175$

PM me if your interested

rinaldi
11-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I am new to quads and just bought a new 06. HMF is apparently a big name in exhausts and good bang for the buck at $200. I found on Ebay a Jardine brand new for $85. Dennis Kirk is selling them as display models but they are brand new. Nobody seems to know much about Jardine, but for sport bikes they are well known to go with Honda. I have a one on my CRF250R. I just installed the one on my TRX and am extremely pleased. Sounds great and looks great as well. Not sure if I will rejet or not at this point. Either way I feel it was a fantastic buy.

Brauap
11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by rinaldi
I am new to quads and just bought a new 06. HMF is apparently a big name in exhausts and good bang for the buck at $200. I found on Ebay a Jardine brand new for $85. Dennis Kirk is selling them as display models but they are brand new. Nobody seems to know much about Jardine, but for sport bikes they are well known to go with Honda. I have a one on my CRF250R. I just installed the one on my TRX and am extremely pleased. Sounds great and looks great as well. Not sure if I will rejet or not at this point. Either way I feel it was a fantastic buy.

Yes, you should rejet to get the full power increase. Where did you notice the power increase?

And 400EX_305, just because HMF is the most popular on this site, doesn't mean it is the best applacation for you. (Plus the sound they produce is annoying!)

Try searching: exhaust, on this site, hundreds of threads will come up on exhausts! If you like a mix between bottom and top, I'd get a White Bros E-Series because it is FULLY adjustible and IMHO, produces the nicest sound and roar!

Well, what ever you do, hope you make a wise decion and hope you are happy with your purchase!

PS: Welcome, 400EX_305 & Rinaldi, to our sport/world!

PPS: STAY AWAY FROM DG AND COBRA! THEY ARE P.O.S.'s!

400ex07
11-22-2008, 11:57 PM
I just got my HMF for $207.15 with free shipping. I know a lot of people hate it and some love it, but for the money and the quality its an awesome pipe. IMO the white bros is the worst pipe because I watched one fall apart.