PDA

View Full Version : high compression head?

leadsled01
11-20-2008, 06:39 AM
My sons 90cc eton has a stock bore with aftermarket intake and carb, hetrick pipe, nothing fancy... Will a high compression head be beneficial? Will it kill the reliability? He mostly trail rides and will race on occasion. Comments and oppinions welcome. Jerry

hotquads1
11-20-2008, 07:32 AM
In most cases the higher than stock compression will allways
increase performance , but you will need to decide how high to go ,depending on fuel octane needs, at some point race fuel will be necessary to keep down detonation. Premium pump gas will work well with moderate compresion changes .
marc

leadsled01
11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
In most cases the higher than stock compression will allways
increase performance , but you will need to decide how high to go ,depending on fuel octane needs, at some point race fuel will be necessary to keep down detonation. Premium pump gas will work well with moderate compresion changes .
marc What would be a good compression? What do I need to ask for when I order a high compression head? Jerry

hotquads1
11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I would want to keep it around 150-160 psi on a guage , for pump gas , air-cooled engine. most shops will be able to supply this by asking a couple of questions, we have it in stock also. Your current head can be mdified to work also but a new head is about as cheap and quicker in most cases.
marc

leadsled01
11-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by hotquads1
I would want to keep it around 150-160 psi on a guage , for pump gas , air-cooled engine. most shops will be able to supply this by asking a couple of questions, we have it in stock also. Your current head can be mdified to work also but a new head is about as cheap and quicker in most cases.
marc Will the quad still be reliable at 160 psi? How much do you charge for them? Jerry

hotquads1
11-20-2008, 02:54 PM
you may call me at the shop , forum rules dictate no pricing on forums.
thanks
marc

LT80
11-21-2008, 07:01 AM
FYI: 160 shouldn't effect reliability one bit and pump gas will work fine.

leadsled01
11-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by LT80
FYI: 160 shouldn't effect reliability one bit and pump gas will work fine. Thank you..