PDA

View Full Version : drilling wheels

billybigmac
11-20-2008, 06:30 AM
does anyone know how to drill out you rims to fit a different atv

mxpimp2000
11-25-2008, 11:21 PM
i done this to a set of honda beadlocks i had to fit my yamaha i just took my hub off the axle and knocked out the studs flip the wheels over to the back side and placed the hub on the wheel made some marks made sure everything was lined up perfect and started drilling but kept firm pressure on the hub against the rim to prevent spinning of the hub if u have a drill press it would be 100x easier than what i did after one hole was drilled i put the stud back into the wheel hub so that would be my holdin of my hub for the rest of my drilling. i was very suprised how they came out in the end cause they werent off at all it rode soo smooth and had no wobble/warpage i was very satisfied

heres a photo on where to drill them i made this just to show u how i done mine i dont have mine anymore i traded them for 8inch beadlocks cuz mine were 9 inch

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o224/mxpimp2000/doualumrea.jpg

86 Quad R
12-01-2008, 03:48 PM
just about all of my aftermarket wheels have been done this way so they fit the yamaha. i used the same procedure as previously mentioned.

Hutchracer
12-26-2008, 08:45 AM
This may be alitte late but if you know anybody or have a local shop that does runs a laser you can have templates made up. I run a laser and have made several different sizes up very quick and easy. What I do is cut the existing bolt pattern and the one needed with .391 holes so there is no slop and if the center hole needs to be reamed out I make the cutout to that size. Then it's bolt on and drill out with out it slipping out 5 min max to do both wheels with a hand drill and a good bit.