PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas on a new part i envented

motochris
12-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Ok well this part i made is 99.9 % done( needs paint) and is an add on piece... It will also help remove the cluster of crap on your bars and allow you to run a normal clutch... Thats all im going to say about it.....:D

Well anyway i was wondering if anyone would know who i could talk to about making this and selling them??? Who would you people recommend i talk to??? If theres anyone on EXriders who is into manufacturing let me hear your ideas... But help from all would be great.... I should get this thing patened(sp) before i do anything ...hahahaha... Well thanks guys,

Oh if i make my first million, beers on me.....:D

flyin#5
12-14-2002, 12:32 PM
i would talk to the guys at the quadshop. they could probably hook you up with some manufacturers.

Ralph
12-14-2002, 12:35 PM
maybe mezmoto

QuadTrix6
12-14-2002, 12:35 PM
i think you should look into a patened(sp) for it, you don't want someone to steal your invention, not sure how that all works, good luck and pm when your done with it i might be interested in buying one :D

Ralph
12-14-2002, 12:38 PM
yeah get it patended and the sell the rights to a mfg. when my mom tried to paten something she contacted her lawyer and then u have to have plans for it and exactly how to build it and what it does or how it works on paper, a company then will do a seatch on the kinda product and see if there is anything else like it, if there isnt then you can buy a ceirtan amount to paten it...

pretty smart for a freshman

AndrewRRR
12-14-2002, 04:08 PM
I believe you need to get a design down on paper, have it signed by a notary public, then send it in to the US Patent office and they will either grant a patent (it's for a limited amount of time) or deny. Another thing you could do is make a design, and mail it to yourself. Don't open the mail, just keep it sealed. If someone steals the idea you have proof, sealed and dated by USPS that you thought of it first.

Crypted1
12-14-2002, 04:45 PM
A patten is very expensive. About $10,000 if I remember correctly.

Ralph
12-14-2002, 04:49 PM
i dont thjink u remember correctly,,, my mom did it about 2k for what she patended

AndrewRRR
12-14-2002, 05:07 PM
I think it depends on the item being patented. I've heard it range from $10 to $10,000

Derek
12-14-2002, 05:17 PM
Dont patten it. Its a waste because someone can just come along and change one little thing and sell them. Just pump as many as you can out.

roostin_dale
12-14-2002, 06:31 PM
talk to Jeff@quadshop im sure he can hook ya up wit someone!

12-14-2002, 08:24 PM
:eek: omg! u mean we will be able to block off are parking brakes:eek: :eek: :eek: holy jeez!

motochris
12-15-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys for the info... I wasnt sure about the patten but we will see... I will be trying the new part out to make sure it will smoothy work... I'm really excited about it and hope its something that most of us can use... Thanks guys.........:p

AndrewRRR
12-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Just so you know when you go get one, it's a Patent, not a patten.

forum
12-16-2002, 02:26 PM
or you could just tell us:devil

:blah :blah :blah

AndrewRRR
12-16-2002, 02:38 PM
motochris go here: http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/howtopat.htm
everything you wanted to know about patents but were afraid to ask. hehe

motochris
12-17-2002, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the info AndrewRRR , i'll be checking it out...:D

Ralph
12-17-2002, 01:38 PM
haha i didnt knwo u can patten a plant

12-17-2002, 01:50 PM
Well if it's a beer holder on the handybars your too late. I've already designed one that will withstand 70 foot leaps on a MX track and a 2 hour GNCC race,,I've got a dampner and small spring on it and I've yet to spill one drop of wholesome beer while racing..better luck next time.:devil

AndrewRRR
12-17-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Well if it's a beer holder on the handybars your too late. I've already designed one that will withstand 70 foot leaps on a MX track and a 2 hour GNCC race,,I've got a dampner and small spring on it and I've yet to spill one drop of wholesome beer while racing..better luck next time.:devil

Hey I thought the GNCC outlawed using performance enhancing drugs during MX races! :D
Lite Beer makes you faster, shaves off that extra weight.

RideRed04
12-17-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR

Hey I thought the GNCC outlawed using performance enhancing drugs during MX races! :D
Lite Beer makes you faster, shaves off that extra weight.

You mean the atva. The GNCC is the cross country race series. I am sure that he could use some of that engine degreaser that comes outta canada though!