PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Radiator help!!

nickvolby
11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
ways to fix a leaking radiator, and finding out where it leaks?????

ss440ex
11-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Take it to a radiator shop.
They can leak/pressure ck it and fix it.

rideracelivemx7
11-20-2008, 09:09 AM
pff. eff tyhe radiator shop. 2 people. you block off the overflow and intake or outflow pipe and blow in the other one. you other hand will be occupied with the tubes so have a buddy find where its leaking. here the air coming out and heat up dome well mixed jbwed. I used a heat guna. and dribble in there so it goes in the fins and what not. had a gapping hole that I fixed with hot jb weld. just stay on top of it with a lamp. warm cool warm cool and it will cure vry nice. mine would piss about 2 feet out when I started the bike. not any more:cool: of course I got a new radiaotr becuase I don't like ugly fixes. I was just anxious to ride the bike untill the new one was in lol. if you can't hear the air leak. block off all ports with playdough or what ever you wish. get a super bouncy ball, and drill a hole threw it and pop it on top of the fill port and you may want to taper the hole so it contors to your air attatchment. key is air tight. and use the air tool and that will deffinetly reveal the leakm good luck :)