PDA

View Full Version : Would this be good?

HiperEX
12-14-2002, 11:22 AM
i have a kn on my 300 and the outerwears i already removed the air box lid but what if i remove the whole air box and make some brake to give the filter a lill more support would this be good
i mean its got the outwear so it will just be like without the lid but clean filter more often.

d-14 rider 27
12-14-2002, 01:34 PM
i would leave the airbox on. now im gonna say something here that i heard from someone i know, so nobody go off callin me an idiot lol. the airbox lets the air stay still so it is easier for the engine to suck it in, now with the box off the air will be blowing around it, making it harder for the engine to suck in the air. i dunno why dune guys, and tt guys run with no airbox if that theory holds true. maybe its cuz they are running at high rpms constantly and it dont make a difference. either go by that theory, ir just leave it on so it dont get dirty as fast.

Steve-o 400EX
12-14-2002, 01:57 PM
I would leave the box on. D-14 is right, if the air is still it is easier for the motor to suck it up and if you go through any kinda water, the outerwear wont stop all of it.

d-14 rider 27
12-14-2002, 08:49 PM
so im not a dumbass:D