PDA

View Full Version : Japan's Ressision

yfzrider310
11-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Now that Japan is officially in a recession what do you think this is going to do to the atv community? I mean almost all sport quads used today are made in japan (the good ones at least). Does this mean that they will stop coming out with new models or do you think they will continue making them like its no big deal. If honda goes under that will be a big slash in the atv community. Do you fore see any other major quad companys going under. What do expect for the future of atv's in general? I really hope this doesn't become a dying sport just after it picked up again.:ermm:

Toadz400
11-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I highly doubt it'll do anything. Honda's fall would have almost no impact on the ATV community as there are plenty of other ATV companies out there.

Polaris makes awesome sport quads now, so buy American if you're worried about it! (Never thought I'd endorse Polaris!!)

There's also KTM, Can-Am, Gas-Gas, ATK, etc. if you're worried about Japanese companies cutting back.

BlaineKaiser450
11-19-2008, 04:46 PM
im goin to can am if the japanese go out

yfzrider310
11-19-2008, 04:49 PM
oh yea 09 mx ds450 is looking good:D

derekhonda
11-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Honda, yamaha, suzuki, and kawasaki are in so many markets i cannot imagine them closing. Worst case scenerio they cut back on r&d and scale back production to what is demanded. Should not effect the sport.

250r rider 88
11-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Honda, yamaha, suzuki, and kawasaki are in so many markets i cannot imagine them closing. Worst case scenerio they cut back on r&d and scale back production to what is demanded. Should not effect the sport.

exactly, everyone is scaling back, just something we as a nation need to get used to, people need to save now more than ever,

also, other manufactures would go out of business long before Honda would,

on a side note, I do give props to Toyota though, on the news today they said the plant in our state was cutting back for the next 2 months but wouldn't be laying employees off, they would recieve training and/or be placed in maintenance/janitorial positions until production kicked back up, kudos to Toyota on this for not laying off thousands of workers