PDA

View Full Version : Cobra exhaust

SiC sEnSe
11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
anyone run one of these pipes i just picked one up for my girls 400ex i must say its the best looking pipe for the 400ex that ive seen so far and it seems to be a reverse megaphone style pipe too hope it works as good as it looks and next season her bike will go under the knife :Rock on Nanner: i will be doing all the motor work so we will see what happens
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/SiC_SeNsE_SoCaL/pipe.jpg

11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by SiC sEnSe
anyone run one of these pipes i just picked one up for my girls 400ex i must say its the best looking pipe for the 400ex that ive seen so far and it seems to be a reverse megaphone style pipe too hope it works as good as it looks and next season her bike will go under the knife :Rock on Nanner: i will be doing all the motor work so we will see what happens
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/SiC_SeNsE_SoCaL/pipe.jpg

Cobra has to be the biggest, crappiest, piece of chit pipe ever made in the atv world.

They're also known for LOOSING power and being way too obnoxious.

All I can say is I hope you didnt spend a lot on it:ermm:

Brauap
11-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Cobra has to be the biggest, crappiest, piece of chit pipe ever made in the atv world.

Sorry, SiC, but I must say you are right. However I think they do look good.

Crappy List
1)Cobra
2)DG
3)*Offbrand*

Mellow Yellow
11-18-2008, 05:07 PM

WOW:eek2: Don't sugarcoat it dude. Tell em how you really feel!

11-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, cobra is pretty much at the top of the chitty list.

We had one on my dads old warrior. It lost power so we ripped it off and put the stocker back on.

I say you try to find some gullible young kid who wants it because its loud and get your money back.

11-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Mellow Yellow
WOW:eek2: Don't sugarcoat it dude. Tell em how you really feel!

lol, just being honest. Like my post above. My dad paid like $120 for it and we ripped it right back off.

Thats how bad it was.

Pipeless416
11-18-2008, 06:05 PM
i agree with the above :chinese:

SiC sEnSe
11-19-2008, 05:14 AM
lol well i hope it was worth the 170shipped that i paid i figure its better then having a stock pipe and this is on my girls bike so im not to worried about it i think it will do better next season when the bike goes under the knife for some up grades 470 here we come :devil:

leasureryan
11-19-2008, 09:01 AM
IMO....Supertrapp and DG are just as crappy as a Cobra.

11-19-2008, 01:24 PM
lol well i hope it was worth the 170shipped that i paid i figure its better then having a stock pipe and this is on my girls bike so im not to worried about it i think it will do better next season when the bike goes under the knife for some up grades 470 here we come :devil:

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

You could've gotten a Lexx MXe exhaust for 177 shipped off ebay.

You got ripped a new one with that cobra.. no offense.

SiC sEnSe
11-19-2008, 02:44 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

You could've gotten a Lexx MXe exhaust for 177 shipped off ebay.

You got ripped a new one with that cobra.. no offense.

11-19-2008, 02:46 PM

lol, I dont wanna sound like an @sshole, but I hate seeing people get ripped off because money isn't exactly easy to come by these days.

Pipeless416
11-19-2008, 02:49 PM
lol, I dont wanna sound like an @sshole, but I hate seeing people get ripped off because money isn't exactly easy to come by these days.

too late. i think you made you're point very apparent in the first reply. :macho

mooseracerX
11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Supertrapps aren't that bad TC racing engines put their name on them.
http://www.tcracingengines.com/

11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
too late. i think you made you're point very apparent in the first reply. :macho
That was before I found out how much he spent..

But after thinking.. if you really plan on highly modding the thing, it may work out better than I think. I think the biggest problem is it flows too much air loosing power.

So maybe it will work out with a lot of engine mods. You never know.

SiC sEnSe
11-19-2008, 04:24 PM
That was before I found out how much he spent..

But after thinking.. if you really plan on highly modding the thing, it may work out better than I think. I think the biggest problem is it flows too much air loosing power.

So maybe it will work out with a lot of engine mods. You never know.

yah i say with next seasons mods this pipe will be a performer well so i hope ether way its for my ladies bike and all she wanted was for it to be loud lol ill post some dyno runs when i get the 450r carb and intake with the new slip-on on the bike so stay tuned :D

you know its kinda funny how you find parts that work well with other quads and some quads just dont like them see i run a reverse megaphone pipe on my yfz and it work tits heres a pic
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/SiC_SeNsE_SoCaL/yfz1.jpg

11-19-2008, 05:06 PM
It's not the megaphone. The curtis sparks on the 400ex is a megaphone and one of the best pipes for the 400ex.

It just takes some R&D. Length, Diameter, Materials, and more all have an effect on power. Cobra just isn't a quality brand like curtis sparks and doesn't produce nearly the power.

But I think the biggest problem with them is they flow too much air making it loose power. Thats what happened on out warrior.

So we shall see what it does with mods.

hoogiesngrinder
11-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Dear SiC sEnSe,
Please buy new rims for the front of your YZF, the current ones make me cry.
Sincerely,
Mike

:p

Nice looking bike but the front rims ruin the whole looks of the bike.

witech
11-19-2008, 07:26 PM
We had the same experience back in the old days with Cobra . Compared to the stock 250x exhaust the cobra was a very noticable loss in power but I will say this .It was the loudest pipe I have ever heard . You could be a half mile ahead in the woods and I could hear that thing over my machine like he was litterlally right behind me. Maybe they have done something in the last 15 years but that pic of your looks just like the one we tossed in the scap bin. We just couldnt bring ourselves to sell it to the next poor fellow.

storms400ex
11-21-2008, 04:18 PM
but that pic of your looks just like the one we tossed in the scap bin.

maybe the guy he bought it from took it from your scrap bin:D

rcatvrider
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Was talking to a kid the other day who claimed he had a $400 dg slip on and it was the best pipe around and made a 300 pass cars on the highway lol. I've owned a dg and supertrapp and can say they both truly do suck. I wouldn't say the supetrapp is as bad as the dg though.