PDA

View Full Version : Pre Mix 90?

mostly crue
11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a used predator 90 and having some issues with plug fouling(oily). I have a friend with the same model that has eliminated the oil injection and is running pre mix. (He also bought his used with the mod done.)I cannot find the "kit" that eliminates the oil tank. Has anyone done this modification?

gulley421
11-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I have a Can-am ds90x in which I just replaced the motor with a two cycle 90cc from a 2001 Polaris Sportsman (same motor as you have). I removed the oil tank and closed off the line going from the tank to the unit. I left the line going to the carb on.

I premix my fuel 50:1 and it seems to work just fine. Later I plan to remove the unit and make a plate to go in its place, after I get a bigger carb.

mostly crue
11-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks Gulley,
I was hoping to find a kit to simplfy the change over. Did you change the jetting at all? I have been told to up the size due to the oil now mixed in. I haven't seen my friend's quad because he is in Ca. and I am in Az. and not very hands on.

gulley421
11-22-2008, 11:29 PM
If you leave the stock pipe and air box on then you do not have to rejet. I put an FMF turbine2 pipe on my quad (my son's quad) and I tried to run the quad with and K&N open air filter but was unable to get the bike to run past idle. The stock main jet on mine was an 82.5. I could not fine a local shop that had these jets in stock so I drill out the 82.5. I started one size at a time and ended up with an approx. 105 jet. Still could not get the quad to run past 1/4 throttle. I then put the stock air box back on and installed a UNI filter in it and kept the 105 main jet (had no choice because od drilling) The quad know runs great, the pipe makes a big differance but also makes it very loud

My next step with this motor is to buy an intake and a 24mm carb for it from either Hetrickracing.com or MaximumRPM.com.