PDA

View Full Version : Best MX Game for PS3

TNRHINO
11-18-2008, 07:29 AM
I was just wanting to get everyone's input on this. My wife is getting me a PS3 for x-mas. My favorite game for PS2 is MX vs ATV. Any input would be helpful.

raptoric
11-18-2008, 04:38 PM
mx vs atv untamed
there is anew one out called "pure" very cartoonish though
downloaded the demo for that and quickly deleted it

trx400EXtreme
11-18-2008, 05:21 PM
untamed is the most realistic IMO. its alot of fun. the only thing better about PURE is that you can build your quad from the frame up. other than that the whole idea of jumping 1000 feet gets a little old.

JParisi48
11-18-2008, 05:26 PM
yea i got pure and traded it for a new mx vs atv untamed just incase my other one got messed up, mx vs atv is wayyyy better IMO.

Toadz400
11-19-2008, 09:32 AM
I hated MX vs ATV Untamed and loved Pure. Pure has much better graphics and I like the idea of building your quad from the ground up. I think the biggest reason why I can't get over not liking Untamed was the huge let down with the graphics.

TNRHINO
11-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks guy's appreciate your input. I was thinking that PURE was just freestyle and no racing.

PhilMoore
11-21-2008, 12:23 PM
PURE is not realistic, but is hella fun to play.

XtremeSkier
11-21-2008, 11:31 PM
pure was fun, but it was easy...$h!t i'd buy it just to build quads..that was fun

MX vs ATV untamed sucked, MX vs ATV unleashed was wayyy better...they messed things up with untamed

i wish they would of just took MX vs ATV unleashed, updated the graphics...added some new tracks, and sold it for PS3..that would of been better

only thing that was sweet about untamed was the endurocross..that never gets old

XtremeSkier
11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by TNRHINO
Thanks guy's appreciate your input. I was thinking that PURE was just freestyle and no racing.

it's both..your doing freestyle while you race..the freestyle gives u boost so you can go faster

it's really fakey but it kept me entertained for the week i rented it..

the customization in pure would kickass in a full motocross game

Toadz400
11-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by XtremeSkier
pure was fun, but it was easy...$h!t i'd buy it just to build quads..that was fun

MX vs ATV untamed sucked, MX vs ATV unleashed was wayyy better...they messed things up with untamed

i wish they would of just took MX vs ATV unleashed, updated the graphics...added some new tracks, and sold it for PS3..that would of been better

only thing that was sweet about untamed was the endurocross..that never gets old

I was disgusted with the graphics for Untamed! Looked like I was playing a PS2 game on PS3...probably the biggest disappointment with a video game I've experienced in a long time. If Untamed had the graphics and the customization of Pure then it'd probably be the greatest racing game of all time.

raptoric
11-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
If Untamed had the graphics and the customization of Pure then it'd probably be the greatest racing game of all time.

im confused you hated untamed but if the graphics and cusomt were better then it would be the best?? isnt garphics and custom basically the whole game? didnt think pure graphics were that much better. play untamed on a hd tv see if that helps
i agree there are some bad points with untamed and thought
unleashed was better but on the ps3 untamed is pretty good.
quads handle correctly and you cant land a 500' jump.
deff more realistic than any other mx game out there.
i think pure is a joke though only thing is the customization
the quads handle terribly, jumping 500' and turning around to lay on the seat is just stupid. very cartoonish and more for 10yr olds
then the older crowd that likes to race mx

Toadz400
11-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by raptoric
im confused you hated untamed but if the graphics and cusomt were better then it would be the best?? isnt garphics and custom basically the whole game? didnt think pure graphics were that much better. play untamed on a hd tv see if that helps
i agree there are some bad points with untamed and thought
unleashed was better but on the ps3 untamed is pretty good.
quads handle correctly and you cant land a 500' jump.
deff more realistic than any other mx game out there.
i think pure is a joke though only thing is the customization
the quads handle terribly, jumping 500' and turning around to lay on the seat is just stupid. very cartoonish and more for 10yr olds
then the older crowd that likes to race mx

The graphics on Untamed are absolutely horrible for a PS3 game. I have a 40" 1080P Sony LCD and am using HDMI cables and running the game at 720P. The only thing that looks good in the game is the water, dirt, and pavement. Everything else looks like they took it directly from the PS2 graphics platform (which they probably did).
Pure graphics are hands-down 100% better than Untamed.
I would enjoy Untamed a lot more if the graphics and customization were more like Pure. I don't see how you're confused on that part unless I mistyped something. Graphics and customization are the entire game, besides gameplay which obviously Untamed is better at with it being more realistic.

justin1022
11-23-2008, 10:45 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

try hookin it up to the regular red white yellow cords i no for my xbox 360 untaimed has better graphics by far then unleashed.

Toadz400
11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
^^^^^^^^^^

try hookin it up to the regular red white yellow cords i no for my xbox 360 untaimed has better graphics by far then unleashed.

I highly doubt that would help the graphics look better.

I just think they should've spent more time on smoothing things out. Everything on the quads are so choppy looking.