PDA

View Full Version : 400ex carb

graham300ex
11-17-2008, 08:16 PM
looking to put 400ex carb on 300. wut should i need to know. How do u do the throttle?

SET THE STAGE
11-18-2008, 02:57 AM
start off with a 155ish main and a 38 or maybe 40 pilot. for mine, i had to go to the 4th needle clip.

you shouldn't have that much trouble getting it tuned it, it's fairly simple once you get working with it. the intake boot that connects to the engine will be pretty hard for the carb to slip it into but trust me, it DOES go in. you need to kind of work at it from an angle and then force the boot over it. after you get it on there and run it a few good times, it gets easier because it heats up and kind of molds to the larger size.

as for the cable, i'm not real sure if the 300ex throttle cable works. you could just go the safe route and use a 400ex cable. it will work on the 300's throttle.

i'm running a 178 main (i think) with the needle clip on the 4th notch (second to last one down) and a 40 pilot. i may or may not have to change the pilot soon, though. i finally got a pilot adjusting screw from motionpro.

good luck!