PDA

View Full Version : Which skid plate?

honda400exrider
12-14-2002, 07:24 AM
I purchased the extreme fabrication skid plate from motoman, and it is the worst product I have ever purchased! It did me damage to my wave rotor, and was such a ***** at Rausch Creek. I want a good skid plate that will protect my rotor and such. I was thinking of either the PRM skid plate or the Pro-tec which are my top two choices just from what I hear. Which would you reccomend that will just hold up great? Dan

Ex'r Marlin
12-14-2002, 09:36 AM
Having had the PRM and now using the Pro-Tech... For the money, go with the PRM. Excellent design, and takes a lot of abuse for an aluminum skid plate. The Pro-Tech is very nice too, but if I remember right, almost twice as much as the PRM. The Pro-Tech is stainless steel... And if you buff it, it does not fade like the aluminum does. The Pro-Tech also weighs more than the PRM, but the Pro-Tech is a thinner material that holds up very well, and adds just a hair more ground clearance.

I think you came down to two great choices in skid plates... But remember, both are not indestructable!

If I had to get another one, I would get a Pro-Tech... Just for the fact that it holds it shine after being polished!:D (And the fact that it does hold up well... Even at Rausch Creek);)

ny300exrider
12-14-2002, 10:27 AM
yea dan, next thing after bars for me is a new skid...im probly gonna get a prm ,i heard they are really good and strong

99'300EX
12-14-2002, 12:28 PM
PRM

honda400exrider
12-14-2002, 03:35 PM
how much is the prm and what thickness is it?

Duner21
12-14-2002, 09:00 PM
I love my prm products.... and have had no problem with them what so ever. I don't know what the thickness is but you will probably pay somewhere between 75-85 dollars I believe.
The prm can also be polished with mothers polish..... it will get nice and shinny.
They would look excellent on your quad.
Go with the PRM!