View Full Version : workshop/storage building/etc

Lowcountrydave
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Anybody who has one of the mentioned buildings I need your input.

Me and the wife are buying a brand new house and 1.52 acres. House is 2445 sq ft Now we are planning to live there the rest of our lives ... so I ask you. What size shed/workshop, storage building would you recommend. I want it to be....

-Insulated

-large enough to pull a vehicle fully inside
(room to store things around the vehicle,riding mower, four wheeler)

-power and lights in it

-concrete floors

Pictures, size, and price would be appreciated.

Thanks Dave

wvspeedfreak
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
I can tell you this from experience...what ever size you decide on, add to it.It will never be big enough and it costs less to make it a little bigger to begin with than adding on later.
Mine is 24x32 and not near enough room :ermm:

bayou boy
11-17-2008, 08:24 PM
mine is 20x24 cost right around $9,000 to build. I did all the work myself except the cement with friends helping out when needed. I insulated it and put air conditioner in (hot summers here) and a sink. it gets the job done and is nice but like said above go a lil bigger than you think you need. i wish i had. my dad has a 24x36 his is nice but he does street rods in his and it gets crowded too. i know the price of concrete has went up a good bit since i did mine. it is almost 2 years old last year i added 12x26 to my driveway and concrete had went up almost $10 a yard since i built the shop. with the cement guys shop around you would not believe the difference in prices between them to finish a slab.

derekhonda
11-18-2008, 06:18 AM
Best advice is given right there by WV. Figure out your needs right now, if its just a 2 cars with a little bit of extra room for the quad and mower 24x24 would probably work. BUT....as i said figure out your current needs and then make it bigger. I would go 30x30 or bigger if I were you.

quad2xtreme
11-18-2008, 07:28 AM
I would go with a 30X40 A-style garage...one that is 18 gauge steel designed to withstand 260 mph winds. It is open on each end so you can finish it the way you want...

LOL, I have sitting at Breezewood right now that I want to sell. It was originally $10,400 but I will sell for $5,200. I will bring it to your door.

Lowcountrydave
11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all the replys.

All post pictures once I decide the size and purchase. Good info!

Dave