PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Riders

JuiceBox
11-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey everybody I'm new to the 250R world, been building drag banshees and decided to build a kick *** 250R woods cruiser. Who's from Michigan on here? Where do you guys ride besides silver lake sand dunes? Anybody near sterling heights area, macomb county??

Jonny B
11-17-2008, 06:59 PM
I am from mi and have been riding northern michigan trails for the past 14 years. Been on every trail system in michigan and enjoy the baldwin area, atlanta area, and kalkaska area on my quads. There are a lot of trail systems and I recomend getting a michigan trail atlas from a dealership. It has every orv trail mapped out with marked campgrounds and gas stations. Great fun.

FATANDFAST
11-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Did you get my e-mail about the plastics?

hoogiesngrinder
11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Jonny B
I am from mi and have been riding northern michigan trails for the past 14 years. Been on every trail system in michigan and enjoy the baldwin area, atlanta area, and kalkaska area on my quads. There are a lot of trail systems and I recomend getting a michigan trail atlas from a dealership. It has every orv trail mapped out with marked campgrounds and gas stations. Great fun.

I ride North of Baldwin in the Peacock, Irons, and Luther areas. If I feel like staying local I hit some of the tracks my friends built in their fields.

brian76708
11-17-2008, 07:34 PM
im from michigan near ann arbor. some of my favorite trails are up in mio there called the bull gap trails and you can ride all day and not cross the same path they are also marked good. some other ones i have tried are the black mountain trails which where probably my 2nd favorite, must go to silver lake sand dunes at least once in a life time IMO although not trails, do not recommend the mounds they suck dont go there waist of money.

11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm from MI (Macomb County) and like these guys already stated, the trails in and around Mio are great and I also ride up near Hillman and Atlanta. I really enjoy the sand dunes but riding the trails is a blast.

JuiceBox
11-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 8686
I'm from MI (Macomb County) and like these guys already stated, the trails in and around Mio are great and I also ride up near Hillman and Atlanta. I really enjoy the sand dunes but riding the trails is a blast.

You ever ride at 21 and fairchild? The old gun range?

JuiceBox
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by FATANDFAST
Did you get my e-mail about the plastics?

Yeah i got your email, sorry man I"m gonna pass on the fenders thanks anyways!!

11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by JuiceBox
You ever ride at 21 and fairchild? The old gun range?

No, I haven't ridden there. I live in Memphis, which is north Macomb. What kind of riding is over there?

JuiceBox
11-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by 8686
No, I haven't ridden there. I live in Memphis, which is north Macomb. What kind of riding is over there?

Its the old gun range, its been abandoned for a looooong time. There is 2 parts, the trails all around, then the track that some poeple grooved over the years. Its mostly sand back there, its nothing special just a place to mess around, after 30min you pretty much seen everything. I live right down the road from there so I just take the rail road tracks there. Its like 2min from my house. THere's gun cassings and shot gun shells everywhere, You can usually roost people with them lmao. Theres some pretty sweet hill climbs back there. YOu better bring your balls with you cause it takes them to climb these hills. Straight up!!! Its a fun place I go out there almost everyday. On a weekend in the summer there's usually 15 or 20 people back there, good times.

JuiceBox
11-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm always looking for people to ride with back there, its kinda boring riding by yourself ya know. So If anybody wants to meet up back there lets ride!

bushwesl
11-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm from Michigan as well and am currently living in East Lansing going to school at State (Go Green!!). Although I'm originally from Elsie, MI, which is just north/east of Lansing about 40 minutes. I usually ride on our land at home, Moreland's MX, Silver Lake, and Mio area. Although it's been years since I've been to Mio, and I only made it to Silver Lake twice this year :(

BKex
11-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey I'm from utica, live on 21 mile. Ive been to the spot at fairchild in a buddies truck but never with the quad being that the cops came after us since he umm dropped his truck in a big hole and was stuck there for awhile.

couple years back there where a couple places to ride around here but too many people found out about them and ruined it.

Rich250RRacer
11-17-2008, 10:06 PM
A group of us head to Michigan every August. We hit Silver Lake for a few days, then get a cabin in Mio. We've ridden all of Bull Gap and the Meadows, Atlanta a couple of times, St. Helen's, and Kalkaska. I've been to the Mio-Hunt Creek loop and Crapo Creek but they're kinda tight for a quad. Some of the trails down by Rose City are opening up pretty nice for quads. We usually try to hit at least one new trail system every year.

morse250r
11-18-2008, 04:13 AM
from st clair just south of pt huron
go to silver lake all the time have a cottage there trail ride the mio kalkaska area also the baldwin area ....... have an 06 trx 450er for the trails i dont have to carry oil and plugs that way

86 Quad R
11-18-2008, 07:48 AM
not from mich. but the ole lady is(lansing) and i've had me quads up there a couple of times. my fondest memories is riding on Thanksgiving Day with plenty of snow on the ground and it falling steady with 1/2 dollar size flakes. :D

Originally posted by morse250r
....... have an 06 trx 450er for the trails i dont have to carry oil and plugs that way

you have your jetting that rich?

morse250r
11-18-2008, 04:06 PM
no but its nice to pull into a gas station and fill up but at that its only 1 gal