PDA

View Full Version : front end setup

ben_400ex
11-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok guys I've almost got everything to finish my build just about to get a set of a arms....
I got a set of 05 ltz400 shocks that were revalved and have tripple rate springs by tcs, they are setup for +3 arms and a rider of about the same weight as me.
The thing is i realise +2 arms are much easier to come by at a good price so my question is what do you all think of +2 compared to +3 and do you think the shocks would be too stiff for +2's?
I run mx and open trails and i have a LSR +3.5 axle.
Any oppinions would be appreciated.

cheers all! ;)

Brauap
11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
There was just a thread about +2 vs +3.. just look on the first or second page.. it should be there. I saw it maybe 3 days ago..

(I'd rather get a +3 front if you have a +3 rear)

ben_400ex
11-19-2008, 02:14 PM
oh yeap thanks, checkd that out, gave me a bit of info.
I guess the main things i need to find out is how much difference will it make running shocks setup for +3 arms on +2's and exactly what overall width does the EX run with +2 and +3 arms.
Sorry if these seem like silly questions i just wana get this right!

dustin_j
11-20-2008, 07:37 AM
If you use those shocks on plus 2 arms they will probably feel stiffer. By how much I do not know. Try calling TCS, now Race Tech, or better yet C&D Racing, to see what they think. You may be able to get by with just a lighter spring rate and the same valving.