PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade and looking for advice.

mudatv
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
I have decided to sell my 2004 Wolverine and upgrade to a utility quad, something that has a smoother ride and better rider protection, i.e. better plastic to keep more mud off of the rider. Well, I have narrowed my search down to 3 bikes and was hoping that you fellow ATV riding brethren might be able to lend my some advice and give me some pro's verses con's to each of these bikes that I'm comparing. So far I'm leaning toward the Kawasaki Brute Force 650 (although I can't make up my mind on the issue of IRS or SRA). I'm also looking at the Yamaha Grizzly 700 and the Honda Rincon. Any advise, comments or opinions are greatly welcome.

RTJ
11-17-2008, 11:28 PM
U CAN'T GO WRONG WITH ANY OF THE QUADS MENTION. I PERSONALLY LIKE THE BRUTE FORCE. THE DAY I BOUGHT THE BRUTE I ACTUALLY LEFT HOME TO BUY A GRIZZ. BUT THE BRUTE WAS MUCH, MUCH CHEAPER. LIKE I SAID THEY'RE ALL GOOD QUADS. JUST CHECK YOUR DEALER OUT .SOME ONLY WANT TO SELL. SOME SERVICE AFTER THE SALE, CHECH OUT WHICH ONE KEEPS PARTS ON HAND AND HAS A GOOD TECH WORKING FOR HIM . SORRY ABOUT RAMBLING, I GUESS IT WOULD BE MORE SIMPLE TO SAY SHOP FOR A DEALER 1st THEN THE RIGHT QUAD FOR U:cool:

mudatv
11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the reply RTJ. I think I have made up my mind and am going with the Brute 650i. The dealer that I have always dealt with has offered me a good deal on a leftover from 06. I know, it's hard to believe that he still has 06 models in inventory. But, hey, it's new and comes with all the factory warranties and such. He also said that he has some left over 08s and will also give me a similar deal on them. I just have to decide on either 06 or 08. I think the only difference is $200.

DaBoot1978
11-22-2008, 01:49 PM
as far as power you definetly dont want a honda. I wish honda would step up a build a bike that competes in the big bore class... but they just havent done it yet. I own a Brute 750 and I absolutely love the power!! I have an 06 so it is carbs not EFI. The only problem with the carbs as you may well know is having to change jets with your set up and tweaking them just right. The EFI does it all for you. You cant beat the price for the Brute either. I have had some problems with mine... but it was all my fault... no problems other than what I did to it.. My best friend has a grizzly and he likes it. It doesnt have the torque of the brute but it does alright. The only think with the yamaha is the price. they are quite proud of their bikes. Good luck hope I helped!

mudatv
11-22-2008, 09:30 PM
I ended up ordering a leftover Red 2006 Brute Force 650i and I can not wait to pick it up. I went ahead and ordered it with ITP Mudlite XTL's and a good Warn winch. Unfortunately, I can't get to my dealer to pick it up until mid December and the wait is killing me. I just can't wait to try it out on the trails.

Once I get it I'll try posting a few pics of it on here.

DaBoot1978
11-22-2008, 09:53 PM
You wont be disappointed my man... cant wait to see some pics!! Good luck!

mudatv
12-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Counting today, I've got six more days until pickup (Dec. 11th)AND I can't wait!!! I swear, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Then the next wait will be for the first ride, which I have planned for Sunday Dec. 14th and that seems like such a far off date.

Well, I'm off to see if I can figure out how to post pics here. If you see a picture of my 2004 Wolverine that I'm trading in, then I've succeeded.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii133/mudatvs/MicsNovember2008036.jpg

RTJ
12-06-2008, 10:37 PM
you got it. that looks like a nice wolverine

mudatv
12-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Well, my long agonizing wait is finally over and I got to bring my new brute home today...Now, I just have to wait until Sunday so I can get out on the trails and have some fun.

I played around with it a little in the dealer's lot and WOW does it have some power! I was pleasantly surprised and giddy by the time I stepped off of it.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii133/mudatvs/MicsDecember2008016-2.jpg