View Full Version : Aftermarket suspension

iowaexer
11-17-2008, 12:01 PM
I am kinda new to the aftermarket game and have a few questions. i am looking into putting some long travel shocks on my quad and was wondering what i all need to do so. also would like to widen the rear end to match the front....i have general idea but am not sure about the whole process....what is this going to cost me? thank you for your time:D

burgard rep
11-17-2008, 01:03 PM
You would need the Long Travel shocks, Long Travel A-arms and Long Travel Swingarm. An axle would allow you to make the rear as wide as the front. You can change the width with different wheels. There are a ton of variables to go with this though. What bike do you have first of all. Our Long travel a-arms are 650.00 for the set and our long travel Swingarm is 950.00. We can also set you up with a package deal on everything you need. The package deal would give you the best price We recommend Fox shocks. Check out our forum on here at http://www.exriders.com/vbb/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=371698

or our website at www.burgardcycle.com

If you have any other questions let me know
Thanks
Jimmy

jandjracing
11-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I have heard best results from Motowoz. Motowoz has A arm packages to go with thier shocks. Motowoz are crafted and serviced in Minnesota.

iowaexer
11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
do many people run the stock swingarm with a different axle?

duke416ex
11-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Yes, I have been running a stock swinger with an RPM axle for about a year with good results.

BlaineKaiser450
11-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by iowaexer
do many people run the stock swingarm with a different axle? youll be fine. For the rear shock, you acctually dont need a long travel swinger. Its all about the linkage. I put a 2006 swingarm on my 04 450r with LSR linkage and motowoz shocks and its amazing

burgard rep
11-17-2008, 05:05 PM
do many people run the stock swingarm with a different axle?

I agree also alot of people run the stock swinger and it works just fine. also besides using different linkage you could also get a spring kit to change your single rate spring to a dual rate setup too.

iowaexer
11-17-2008, 05:52 PM
so for the front all i need is shocks, arms and brakelines....and for the back i could go with a shock, linkage and a different axle and that is all i need? are there any small parts or other costs that i am giong to need to go with a different axle or is that all...is installation on these items hard to do?

do i need different hubs with the different axle?

BlaineKaiser450
11-17-2008, 06:04 PM
so for the front all i need is shocks, arms and brakelines....and for the back i could go with a shock, linkage and a different axle and that is all i need? are there any small parts or other costs that i am giong to need to go with a different axle or is that all...is installation on these items hard to do?

do i need different hubs with the different axle? sounds like thats pretty much it. Its not that hard to do the installation. im 14 and i did my front end in 2 hours and my rear in about 2-3.

No the stock hubs are fine

Colby@C&DRacing
11-18-2008, 08:50 AM
I would purchase a quality set of Long travel arms and a set of LT shocks for the front. I would use an axle to widen the rear and get your rear shock revalved and resprung to match the fronts. As far as a new swingarm or linkage that is hard to answer since we don't know what atv you have.

Where in IA are you from we are in Omaha NE

iowaexer
11-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I ride a 2006 yfz 450....i am east of carroll iowa about 30 miles

Colby@C&DRacing
11-18-2008, 04:57 PM
I would not use a new linkage on the rear of the yfz just have the stock shock revalved and resprung

iowaexer
11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
do you need different tie rods on the long travel front end?

duke416ex
11-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Usually the front end setups come with tie rods, you will need longer tie rods with a wider front end.