PDA

View Full Version : Canal work at Gordon's

AZ_TRX_05
11-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Some buddies were out there this weekend, and said the canal road by Test hill has been completely dug out and is now flat!!! WTF is going on out there? Seems like they targeted the hill, as there is only other digging visibly going on by the ranger station? Any other info?

onebadr
11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
what was missing the hill ?

dariusld
11-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Are they widening the canal?

Article (http://aquafornia.com/archives/category/regional-water-issues/all-american-canal)

loons
11-18-2008, 12:41 AM
They are replacing the natural canal with a concrete version. A lot of californias water problems have to do with that canal. The Colorado river is a enormous part of the supply of California's water. The natural canal loses a lot of the water due to seepage. All that water goes to mexico. Basically they are updating the canal system to make the water system more efficient.

I promise you they are not targeting Test. I know because that is what I do for a living and I know many guys on that job. Most of them are duners and are just trying to make a living in a horrible economy. Especially for our line of work. If they wanted to be a-holes about it, they would just close down the area's surrounding the cuts and fills.

Pat Lopez
11-20-2008, 05:01 AM
The project is projected to take a few more years. The gov't will also be building a resevoir at Brock Research Center, the next exit after the trailer park. They know not to disturb too much of the dunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

250r4life
11-20-2008, 09:16 AM
im heading down to Gordons Well tonight... should be a good weekend!

AZ_TRX_05
11-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I read the first part of that link. It seems pretty crazy, that these mexican farmers and residents depended on that water for so long, and now, they won't be able to rely on it. I wonder how one gets into petitioning to cut thousands of people off from their lively hood? Ya know? I'm sure there's alot more to it. But at first glance, there should be way more water flowing there way anyway, just due to gravity! I guess that's where the whole argument between colorado/california/and arizona comes from eh?

AZ_TRX_05
11-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Pat Lopez
The project is projected to take a few more years. The gov't will also be building a resevoir at Brock Research Center, the next exit after the trailer park. They know not to disturb too much of the dunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a good trip! Where you camping at?

djguestone
11-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by AZ_TRX_05
I read the first part of that link. It seems pretty crazy, that these mexican farmers and residents depended on that water for so long, and now, they won't be able to rely on it. I wonder how one gets into petitioning to cut thousands of people off from their lively hood? Ya know? I'm sure there's alot more to it. But at first glance, there should be way more water flowing there way anyway, just due to gravity! I guess that's where the whole argument between colorado/california/and arizona comes from eh?
That's sad! The hoover damn caused those farmers lost of headaches.. Water is still provided but still not enough!

loons
11-21-2008, 03:15 PM
The canal was originally supposed to be named the Mexican/American Canal. The original plans were to have them help flip part of the bill back in the day. They pulled out last minute and left the US with the whole bill. That is why it's now named the All American canal.

AZ_TRX_05
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Play that tiny violin whiteboy!

1Sick250R
11-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by AZ_TRX_05
Play that tiny violin whiteboy!

LOL!!!
All you dune peeps check out this new duner hangout!

D
U
N
E
R
C
E
N
T
R
A
L