PDA

View Full Version : Honda rancher 350 brakes

nastynotchback1
11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
i put new shoes and a master cyl on my 2000 and now i can't get the brakes to work properly.they will pump up and work alittle until you let go of the lever and try them again.then nothing until you pump them.acts like they have air in them but i have already ran a quart of fluid through them.any ideas on how to get the air out of them???

77rigid
11-18-2008, 03:12 PM
I have a 2004 and they do the same thing.I just bought it a couple weeks ago and have bled them alot,but nothing seems to work.I have even adjusted them hoping that would help.

nastynotchback1
11-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by 77rigid
I have a 2004 and they do the same thing.I just bought it a couple weeks ago and have bled them alot,but nothing seems to work.I have even adjusted them hoping that would help.

I have done all that.This thing is just pissing me off.i am going to try and find a power bleeder

joebiker
12-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Honda master cylinders are notorious for this...Try this...First, re-install your master cylinder cap and try the bleed out as I have seen the occasional system that needs the lid installed., second, after bleeding the system as well as possible, pump up the lever once more and under lever pressure, crack open the banjo bolt right at the master cylinder, bleed out any air and re-tighten. They very often trap some air right there at the handle bars.

nastynotchback1
12-06-2008, 09:42 AM
thanks for the info.i will give that a try