PDA

View Full Version : Keep the lights or ditch them

razer
12-14-2002, 12:37 AM
I was wondering if I should keep my headlights or ditch them and buy race fenders. I can't think of any situations where I would use them unless I can ride at night at Glamis (dunes in Arizona) or something, and that's not a place I will be able to go very often.

Any reason to keep the lights? Maybe I'm missing something here. Anybody still wish they had their lights?

Maryland 400EX
12-14-2002, 06:31 AM
Keep the lights. They're paid for and can only help you. There will come a time when you wished that you had them, trust me. They're not bad looking and even have low/high beam! As for race fenders, now that's an eyesore IMO... I see guys cutting this and trimming that which looks like h#ll! Go get yourself some new Honda plastic for $125 at Planet Honda and save the $400 or whatever those chopped up plastics cost. They're all gonna get messed up anyway. Am I gettin' through to ya Dog?

Duner21
12-14-2002, 09:57 AM
keep em!!..... you never know when you want to take a midnight ride!!

Slick
12-14-2002, 11:28 AM
Get the racecuts if you want them

Razer, I think that if you do not ride at night except for a occasional trip to glamis, you do not have any need for stock style fenders. If you did need lights you could always buy a set of trail tech lights or some ones from a autoparts store. If you want race cuts, you should get them.

Maryland400ex, that is just your opinion that race cuts are ugly. A lot of members think that they really look good, "including me". I am not trying to get anything started, people have opinions. Some people i know dont like race cuts either, its jus what you think looks good. You think that he might need them just in case he wanted to ride some night, he might live somewhere that he cant just decide to go riding at midnight like a lot of us. As far as price, he might have been wanting to get a different color and with maier, race cuts and stocks are close to the same price.

He will still have his stock stuff to put back on if he had to. If i didnt go riding at night so much i would have race cuts. I am thinking about putting trail tech lights and full bore plastics.

Steve-o 400EX
12-15-2002, 11:46 AM
Keep the lights!;)

Unless all you do is race ur machine and dont joyride at all, keep em on there, they can only help you, just cut the fenders yourself if you wan race fenders, I know a lot of people who have done it themselves and it looks good too.

4TraxRider
12-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Keep them, you never know when your gunna break down. You'll really appreciate them when your limpin it back at night.

AtvMxRider
12-15-2002, 03:31 PM
I say keep them. You don't really need them "just" to ride at night. I use mine every time I ride in the woods or on a dusty trail so other people can see me.

bmw500hp
12-15-2002, 06:06 PM
If your buds ride right up until dark..... how ya gonna get back??Now if your ridin 15 miles back in them thar maryland hills...you could be in some deep ****if you kill too much time and need to get back after dark..... why don't ya trick em with some covers.....
anyway,,,once you scratch up your bike a bit you can start to ride it like ya stole it....