PDA

View Full Version : Got stiffed on uneployment

Jake250ex
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
So heres the story, about a year ago I got hired on at a body shop thru my GF's dad. Anyway, it was a cool job and I was with one other guy in my area... a 49 year old black guy. He was the laziest dude ive ever worked with. Called in a minumum of 2 days per week, and usually watched me work when he was there. So

I figure I might as well throw this is in. My gf's dad hates me, and I feel the same about him. Hes higher up in the shop, and was kinda in charge of me. Anyway, me and my gf get in a big fight and I dropped her off at her house all hysterical. Go into work the next day and I get fired.

Ive never been wrote up, never had a warning... nothing. I was so pissed I wasnt thinking, and my manager says here sign this its just saying that we talked. Like an idiot I did. I went and filed for unemployment. Since then Ive put in at least a dozen apps. Restaraunts, every temp agency in the county, not a call. So the other day I get a paper saying that upon discharge I denied any unemployment benefits...

Mxjunkie
11-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Rule one, never date where you work! lol :blah:

Pipeless416
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
you should always have an attorney look over legal papers like that. after the bank that i my dad worked at for 27 years was let go to make room for the owners idiot son, they tried to get him to sign a clause that would basically make it impossible to stay in the banking business. by not signing it he also gave up the measly four month severance they offered, but if he took the severance, he would not have a job right now. its ok, because they shot themselves in the foot and most of his clients followed him to the new bank. :devil: they will try to screw you anyway they can. i would still contact an attorney.

ALAMX37
11-17-2008, 12:48 PM
pwned. End of story, Man has no wrath like a pissed of female.

ZeroLogic
11-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Rule one, never date where you work! lol :blah:

Word to that. I had two girlfriend's fathers offer me jobs. I told them no thanks!They were good jobs too.:blah:

gbcap
11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
read everything you sign....

that sux tho!