PDA

View Full Version : Niles - Howland - Warren???

DarkRider3
11-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I was looking on google earth and noticed a great deal of trails in the woods located behind cafaro field and lowes in the Niles-Howland-Warren area.

Has anyone out there ever rode that area? How is it? Do you get hasseled by police at all?

Let me know. I live very close to that and have been dying for a close to home riding spot.

f4istunna
11-27-2008, 08:45 AM
never noticed any trails out there but the way niles and girard cops have been lately its probably not even worth it.

Have you been to mcdonald slag lately? How about back on the powerlines?

I havent been out there since spring/early summer when they started hassling me everytime i rode out there :mad:

DarkRider3
11-27-2008, 09:07 AM
I havent really rode since I found out i had the cracked case last spring. About the same time that they started cracking down. I just asked because there seems to be trail to ride in the woods behind the eastwood mall / cafaro field.

I'm actually headed to NEMX saturday to ride the indoor track if your interested. Just have to make sure my YFZ starts. It hates the cold.

f4istunna
11-27-2008, 09:43 AM
hmmm I got alot to get done while i have the time this week but If i get some time i wouldnt mind checking that place out.

We'll have to check out those trails sometime when the weather breaks too.

I noticed some trails across from lowes , where it looks like they are building something else on 46 a little before capes

DarkRider3
11-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I dont think that there is much there. A few rocky hills and what seems to be a pretty flat top. Have you ever rode the Girard/Liberty lake beds? I see trails all over there.

Downside, my YFZ is set up for MX. The wide front doesnt always allow for trail.

If you want to head up to NEMX I'll be leaving my house around 9 or so. They only allow quads from 10-2 on saturday. The cost is $25.

If you like MX tracks it is descent. It is much better if there is a small turnout because you get more ride time. The more quads that show, they tend to break them into classes and have timed periods of riding.

Let me know. I'm meeting a buddy from the mentor area up there.

2muchquad
11-27-2008, 10:26 AM
i havent been to NEMX in about 2 yrs,is it more quad friendly?I know with it being indoors your either jumping or turning so it was kinda busy.Its the only game in town though when the snow flies(at least for mx).Well maybe summit but...

DarkRider3
11-27-2008, 11:00 AM
It's not to bad. The whoops on the backside are not quad friendly at all.

2muchquad
11-27-2008, 11:08 AM
well i think im gonna try and get out there soon.I'll probably take the ktm 450sx first to how how the track is then take the quad.