PDA

View Full Version : Pics of QT "Red" Carbon Fiber Parts

bushwesl
11-17-2008, 09:40 AM
So... last night I picked up a QT tank cover and QT shrouds off from ebay for dirt cheap. I was so amazed at the price I didn't even read the entire auction thoroughly before clicking the "But It Now" button. The shrouds clearly looked like black carbon fiber in the pics, which is why I bought them. Then as I re-read the auction after buying them, it states that its a black/maroon carbon fiber. After inquiring about the color combo, the seller said that it is a dark, deep red carbon fiber. I've never seen this before so I was wondering if anyone had any pics that I could look at to see how they look. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wes

250Renvy
11-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Here you go.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/13/d1/316a_1.JPG

mcboomport
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
If you don't like the color combo, and want to sell, get ahold of me. I was starting to track that stuff down. That would match my powder!!
I contacted ****tech to see if they had the hood in red, but all they had is black left. I was thinking about getting the black and having my father in law paint some red flake over the hood.
Thanks,
Lance

bushwesl
11-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by mcboomport
If you don't like the color combo, and want to sell, get ahold of me. I was starting to track that stuff down. That would match my powder!!
I contacted ****tech to see if they had the hood in red, but all they had is black left. I was thinking about getting the black and having my father in law paint some red flake over the hood.
Thanks,
Lance

Yea, I'll definitely let you know when I get them and whether or not I plan on keeping them. Thanks for the interest.

Master LTR450
11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey Wes do you have any pics of these items from ebay?

bushwesl
11-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Here's the pic from the auction. They definitely looked black to me...:grr:

Master LTR450
11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
what did you pay for the shrouds? they wont fit your radiator

bushwesl
11-17-2008, 03:51 PM
C'mon Rob, I can't give away all my secrets :p I kind of thought they were for the Walsh when looking at them, oh well. Maybe I'll just have to get a Walsh radiator then, haha. But I'll probably just end up selling them; we'll see though.

Master LTR450
11-17-2008, 03:57 PM
haha no secrets but i can tell you the truth, good luck getting a walsh radiator!! they are hard to come by and walsh doesnt make them anymore, but if you decide to part with them let me know. im guessing you paid $100? ohh and another thing is those are black shrouds at least unless the guy threw the red in himself somehow

bushwesl
11-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Yea, I know what you mean about the Walsh radiator. I was really just joking, ha. I'll let you know if I don't want them or not once they arrive. You see the black then too? Thank god I'm not the only one. After sitting here for a while mind f***ing the picture, I guess I could see them being the red version :confused:

Master LTR450
11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
the only reason i dont think they are redish is because qt didnt make red shrouds for the walsh rad acording to them. i could be wrong i guess

Master LTR450
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey Wes i know you dont want to give me a direct link to this auction since you wanna keep the price a secret!!!:cool: but can you give me his name?

bushwesl
11-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Rob, Rob, Rob...

What are you onto now? He doesn't have any more QT parts, I've already checked, haha.

Master LTR450
11-17-2008, 09:27 PM
HAHAHA I dont need any QT parts I have all the QT parts and in the process of trying to bring back the CF businnes to my fellow r riders!!!!! What i was thinking is where is the walsh rad?? he had the shrouds!! Just give me your secrets and i will let you in on a secret!!