PDA

View Full Version : Magura clutch and Nice Levers?

SteveWR450F
11-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Girlfriend recently compented that cluch lever on her 05 TRX 400 was hard to "pull in." Checked it. Lube would probably help the cable. A new cable after 4 riding seasons might not be a bad idea. Or do I get her a new magura clutch? I have one on my bike and she likes it.

I would also appreciate anyone's thoughs about installing and using the maguara clutch. We have talked about the install. She knows parking brake will be lost. Anything else? Just checking - is the reverse light and switch connected? Dont think so but wondering given my lack of knowledge. Only saw clutch and parking brake cables coming off the assembly.

Any suggestions on nice levers. She likes the short feel of my asv levers. Hand guards? Currently use Acerbis guards but having problem mounting them. The guard's main brace interferes where I want to rotate the front brake assembly. Thinking about getting something simple "flags" guards, non wrap around style. What do you thinl? We ride, not race, in the woods. Thanks.

SteveWR450F
11-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Quad has faast flex bars. Really like them.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-17-2008, 10:29 AM
We have used the magura on a 400ex before it is a nice clutch. The pull is not that much better than a good lever with new cable but is the same throughout the stroke.You will have to wire teh neutral saftey switch together since the all aftermarket clutch levers don't use it. If you are having issues with lever clearance in the acerbis hand guards you may want to look at the PowerMadds they have numerous mount options for better clearance on the controls